Changing room reservations

amy1976

Mouseketeer
We are leaving Thursday :cool1: and we are the type of people who are always second guessing our room choice. We were originally booked at WL but changed to BC standard room. We now feel like we are going to be a little cramped with our 3 kids and may want to change to either a 1 bedroom in the villas or one of those deluxe rooms. We used the buy 4 nights get 3 free deal. Can we change at check-in if we decide to? Will they keep the same deal we have? Can I call and change it or is it too late? Thanks in advance!!:love:

All you can do is call and ask now, or ask when you check in. I would think it would be pretty unlikely 3 days out, but you never know. It's also iffy on the 4/3 thing - that package had to be booked back in March, so if they sold out of all the 4/3 rooms for that offer, I don't think you can just easily switch your reservation and keep it.

But again, you never know. I'd call and see and if that doesn't work, ask again when you check in.

I also booked BC standard view way back when (last November) under the 4/3 deal. I changed my mind about the room type a few months later, when the promo had been extended but there were no other rooms available I could switch to. I checked several times even after the promo ended but was never able to change. A few weeks ago, I cancelled my 4/3 reservation & rebooked to a deluxe room under a new discount they had for 35% off CL rooms for the summer. Anyway to answer your question, a phone call will get you your answer but it seems highly unlikely that a nicer room would be available under the same deal you booked. If available, you might be able to change but would probably have to pay rack rate. I ended up paying more than I would have for the same category room under the 4/3 deal, but was grateful it wasn't full price.

I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong, but going to post this anyway.
Doesn't the standard room at BC have 2 Q and a daybed? This would be enough for 3 kids and 2 adults, I would think. Doesn't the studio villas have 1 Q and a full sleeper sofa? And I thought the 1 bed there had 1 K and 1Q sleeper sofa. I can't figure out why there would be more room the other way. Only advantage I can see are the "condo" aspects (kitchenette, laundry), not the sleeping arrangement.

I know that the sleeping arrangements would not change but we would acquire more space and a separate bedroom.

I think it is very unlikely you will get anything for the 4/3 deal at the BCv.In fact I think it is unlikely you will get rack rate at the villas at this point.Bcv books fast and is very popular with DVC members

The max occupancy in a deluxe room is 4. To get a room with a separate sleeping area means a suite.They cost a lot more per night then the villas and at this point there probably booked up.You are going to be hard pressed to find anything with the 4/3 deal for arrivals this week. Here is room descriptions http://allears.net/acc/faq_bc.htm

I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong, but going to post this anyway. Doesn't the standard room at BC have 2 Q and a daybed? This would be enough for 3 kids and 2 adults, I would think.

Many of the standard rooms at BC have 2Q/Daybed. But there are some with 2D/Daybed, or 2Q or 2F with no daybed. The OP would likely get a 2Q/Daybed given that there are 5 in their party; but not guaranteed, especially since 2 kids are under 3 years of age.

How are those deluxe rooms? What are they like?

Haven't stayed in the deluxe room yet; we are booked in one next month. According to the CM I spoke with, they have 2Q/Daybed and are appx. 520 sq. feet, so a lot roomier than a standard room. There is no separate bedroom. Deluxe rooms have CL level access, but are on floors 1-4 of BC. They all have a water view.

If you haven't already done so, call the resort directly and ask if they can tell you what bedding arrangement you will have. If they have you in a 2Q with daybed, you are probably better off leaving things as is.

Just for the heck of it, I plugged the OP's dates and party info into the booking engine on Disney's site, and the only availability coming up is for Club Level, Lagoon View, or a 2BR Club Level Suite. The club level room would be no different than the room the OP booked other than having a water view and being on the CL. And the 2 BR suite is about $6k more than the CL lagoon room. Doubtful that they could change to either under their 4/3 reservation. And there was no availability at BCV at all.

Again, my advice to the OP would be to call and make sure that you put in a room request. Perhaps a full balcony would be even more beneficial than a daybed? Then at least the parents would have a space to relax after the kids are asleep.

Agree with the balcony/kids asleep scenario.
When we checked in at YC, they tried to give me a room with 1 Q and a sleeper CHAIR! There's four of us! I showed the bellman my confirmation from AAA that stated 2 Qs, and within 20 minutes I was in the 2 Q room with luggage.
Never thought to check that beforehand, but... now I do.

Can't imagine this room not being big enough. We were there at Christmas for10 nights and room size was never an issue. We are a family of 5 and kids are 15, 13 and 10 so much older and bigger. 15 yr old used day bed and 2 other kids shared a bed and they were all comfortable. We each had a checked bag and a carry on also, so lots of luggage. We have stayed here several times and love it here.

I would ask for a daybed. Not all rooms have them but with one you will sleep 5 comfortably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter