changing resorts

kikiV

Mouseketeer
Without having a car, how do you arrange to move from a week in AKL to VWL? and what do you do with all of the refrigerator items?

You have a couple of choices:

Check out of AKL. Call a cab and bring your luggage/food items with you to VWL. Check in at VWL. If your rooms not ready, Bell Services will store your stuff.

Call Bell Services and tell them you are moving from AKL to VWL. They will come and pick up your luggage and food items. They will transport all your stuff, and will keep anything needing refrigeration cold as long as it is separate. Check out of AKL and either call a cab to take you to VWL or take a bus to a park for the day. In the afternoon take bus/boat over to VWL and check in. Your luggage and food items should arrive around 3-4 in the afternoon.

We prefer the second option and head to a park right after checking out of resort #1. We don't lose any park time that way.

You have a couple of choices:

Check out of AKL. Call a cab and bring your luggage/food items with you to VWL. Check in at VWL. If your rooms not ready, Bell Services will store your stuff.

Call Bell Services and tell them you are moving from AKL to VWL. They will come and pick up your luggage and food items. They will transport all your stuff, and will keep anything needing refrigeration cold as long as it is separate. Check out of AKL and either call a cab to take you to VWL or take a bus to a park for the day. In the afternoon take bus/boat over to VWL and check in. Your luggage and food items should arrive around 3-4 in the afternoon.

We prefer the second option and head to a park right after checking out of resort #1. We don't lose any park time that way.

:thumbsup2

We do option 1 :) we get up early, grab a cab and take us and our luggage to new resort, do early check in, leave luggage/food with bell service and still get to a park for rope drop. Or close after.

We did option 2 - packed everything up and let the front desk know. Headed out to the park like any other day but instead of taking the bus to Pop on the way back, we hopped on the bus for WL. Checked in and all our things were waiting for us. Very easy. I imagine option 1 would be easy as well - so either way, no problem!

I do split stays every time. I now move my own things via taxi for 2 reasons.

1. If a bag is misplaced (which I had happen), it takes FOREVER for them to locate it.

2. While your refrigerated items are kept refrigerated at both resorts, they are not refrigerated during the transit between the resorts. I have no idea how long the groceries are in the trucks; it probably depends on how many resorts they are going to that particular day. All of our produce was ruined on one transfer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter