Changing reservations question

samshane

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip to WDW for the end of October/beginning of November 2010. In the past we have stayed at SOG or offsite, never in a WDW resort. This time I want to stay in one of the WDW resorts...

I have been looking through the posts and as a little confused. If I book something right now with Disney, can I change it later if I get a pin or the rates drop through some other deal? Right now is just too far out to see anything great being offered for the fall. Can I just call them back and ask them to add a pin if I receive one or adjust to a new rate because some big deal has come out?

Also - do I need to buy tickets to the resorts at the same time in order to take advantage of the DDP or can I just do a room and add on the DDP without adding the tickets? (Dh is an AP since he is a FL resident, and we're waiting to see what military ticket deals might be available in Nov)

Thanks for any help!

A cm on the phone said you don't have to buy tickets if your ap holder for the dining plan but I believe you need to book the dining plan ahead of time. Hope that helps

I don't know about dining plan stuff but I know that you can change your reservations. I changed my room-only dates first, then, when they extended their promotion into the summer, I called and had the discount applied and upgraded from Pop to WL, and then I called back again and switched to AKL (my dream resort :cloud9:). So yes, you can call with new discounts or pin codes!

An AP-er can book a ticketless package specific for AP-ers.
Sounds like rather than a lot of changing, just wait and see what comes out for your travel period.
You can book a room only res. But when you want to change over, you will actually be having to book a new package reservation, and have the the room only res cancelled. The RO deposit cannot even transfer over to the package.
So you can book a room only res, and change it later. But really no reason to do so. I would just wait it out.
Looks like you have various options now -- AP, FL Res. And who knows -- maybe a military package will come out, if it has not already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter