Changing reservations day of?

KenyaSierra

Mouseketeer
If I wake up in the morning and feel like going to a different park than I’ve reserved can I change it if there is availability? Or do I need to do it night before at the latest? Is there any penalty to cancellations?

You will have to check for availability on the park reservation calendar. If not, as an alternative, you can walk up to the park you have reserved and upgrade your ticket to a park hopper. Swipe into your original park. At 2:00 PM, you can hop to any other park.

If there is availability at another park you may cancel your reservation and attempt to pick up a reservation for a different park. You may do this the day of your current reservation at any point prior to tapping into your reserved park. There is no penalty.

Please note that on busy days there is a possibility that you will be left without a reservation to any park if you drop one and then there's nothing to pick up at another park. You risk someone picking up your dropped reservation before you try to book it again. It's not common but on days when all parks are running at/near capacity, it has happened.

It's just good to know the risks as we're nearing a time when park reservation capacities are being reached.

If I wake up in the morning and feel like going to a different park than I’ve reserved can I change it if there is availability? Or do I need to do it night before at the latest? Is there any penalty to cancellations?

Yes, it would seem that you can cancel and rebook your reservation at any time before you actually enter your park - pending park availability, of course. There are no penalties for cancellation, but be sure to check Disney's availability calendar before you cancel, to ensure that you don't wind up with no availability at all.

Does anyone feel that Disney needs to fix the cancel then book system. Best scenario would be a change option which lets you change park pending avalabilty. Once selection has been made and confirmEd, your original park would then be removed to prevent you from being without any reservation at all. Not rocket science here.

You don't have to cancel your existing reservation if you do it through the website. There is a modify option, I just tried it and it works. Even day of.

You don't have to cancel your existing reservation if you do it through the website. There is a modify option, I just tried it and it works. Even day of.
I think only APs can modify a park reservation. I don't have an AP and I am not seeing an option to modify, I can only cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter