Changing reservations and getting a partial refund?

stormyR

Earning My Ears
Before I call Disney again I want to see what my option are and if anyone has done it.

DH just got back from Afghanistan and the Army messed up some of his pay (frequent in the army.. sigh).

We have BC booked from 9/14-9/20 paid in full.

Now I'm having to transfer dates bc of one pay check he was suppose to have by now (which were we going to use to purchase our tix and food).

We are only knocking it back by a few days. I was considering downgrading resorts for a couple days and getting a refund for part of the stay.

Does anyone know if I can do that? Or would they have to completely cancel my reservation, refund, then rebook (obviously with limited money and 7-10 minimum refund time, that's not an option for us)

Before I call Disney again I want to see what my option are and if anyone has done it.

DH just got back from Afghanistan and the Army messed up some of his pay (frequent in the army.. sigh).

We have BC booked from 9/14-9/20 paid in full.

Now I'm having to transfer dates bc of one pay check he was suppose to have by now (which were we going to use to purchase our tix and food).

We are only knocking it back by a few days. I was considering downgrading resorts for a couple days and getting a refund for part of the stay.

Does anyone know if I can do that? Or would they have to completely cancel my reservation, refund, then rebook (obviously with limited money and 7-10 minimum refund time, that's not an option for us)

If you changed resorts for a few days they would book you a separate reservation for the new resort and modify your existing reservation to the days it needed. Two resorts = two reservations. Your new reservation would require a separate deposit. You could put the overage onto the new reservation IF you have 2 room only reservations or 2 packages. Not a combination. If you have to get a refund it would be under the 7-10 business day timeline - most are shorter, but I wouldn't depend on it JIC.

Regardless of whether you're simply moving (if it's available) or changing the resorts around a bit, if your price goes down you're going to hit a $50 change fee. You might be within the period where you hit a $15 documents fee as well.

If your price stays the same or increases the $50 wouldn't be charged. Not positive about the $15.

First, congratulations upon your husband returning. :goodvibes

I just got through dealing with a reservation change. They should, under no circumstances cancel your reservation number. The customer service manager that I had deal with said, that they should never have changed my confirmation number. That should always stay the same.

In my case I have two rooms at The Grand Floridian and changed from a deluxe queen and a standard/lagoon view rooms to two MK view rooms that are standard.

The price one room went up and one the other room it went down. One room was already paid off and I had a small amount due back to me on that one. She took that refund and applied it to the room that I still had a balance on.

They should be able to just refund the difference to your method of payment.

The manager that I dealt with was Maryette-She was so awesome!!!!!

Thanks Ladies.

Just an update in case any ones searches and needs this info in the future.

We were able to keep our 2 night of BC, drop the rest of the days, book 4 days of POP and get a refund as well. Didn't have to completely cancel anything or put down a new refund. Way easier than I expected :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter