Changing Reservation

YEWDVC

Earning My Ears
I have a reservation for a 2 bedroom standard view at Kidani. Things have changed and I just need a 1 bedroom. Will I be required to cancel the 2 bedroom before member services check availability of a 1 bedroom?

Room size change requires cancelling entire reservation and then making new one which can only be made if the 1BR is separately available at time of change. MS can check availability before you cancel the 2BR.

They will be returned subject to cancellation policies. ie - if the reservation were changed at less than 31 days before check in the excess go into holding.

If you borrowed points, they stay borrowed and will expire at the end of your use year. If you are past your banking time, you'll have to use the extra points before the end of your use year.

Thanks. I assume excess points will be returned.
Do you have enough points to make the 1 BR in addition without borrowed. If so, just make it online then cancel the 2 BR online. If you have banked, borrowed points you can either then make a second 1 BR reservation using the banked/borrowed points and cancel the first 1 BR OR get MS to reallocate the points. It's really not as complicated as it sounds and you have control, usually much easier and quicker than calling in. An alternative is you can check to see availability then if it is available for the 1 BR, cancel the 2 BR and reserve the 1 BR yourself online. Calling may be the best way if it's something that might not be easily available but just to give you an alternative. Just make sure you're not within 31 days or so.

What Dean said. If you have enough points, that's the way to do it -- the safe way.

If you cancel first, you or the MS CM might see 1 BR availability but by the time you cancel one ressie and then go to book it, it might be gone. Things do move quickly.

There have even been situations where a member canceled, was unable to book the desired ressie they saw only moments before, and then was also unable to get their original ressie back because it had been snatched up immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter