• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing people on reservation

hamm1207

Alaskan DIS Veteran
My folks are thinking about joining us on a trip to WDW. Is there a deadline for when they can be added to our reservation? Is there a deadline for us to remove someone from our reservation? Thanks!

Assuming you won't be purchasing one of the dining plans, you'll want to add them in time to customize their magic bands (otherwise they just get the generic offering at check-in) and make FP+, ADR & Magical Express reservations (if they will be using that service).

I'd probably add them now so I didn't have to worry about the various dates for reservations. There's no problem dropping names from a reservation - just a call to MS takes care of it.

If you are going to purchase one of the dining plans, you need to do it at least 48 hours in advance. (Changes are check-in are difficult and often refused). Personally, I'd aim for at least a week in advance to be sure everything flows through OK. Refunds (if you have to drop) can take more time than you'd like, so I would't add a dining plan until I'm sure who will be there.

Just email MS via the member website with the changes and room request. They will make the changes and email back when done.

:earsboy: Bill

If you add people too late, you will miss out on the 60 day fast pass selection time. Also you may have problems with DME and luggage tags.

If you add people too late, you will miss out on the 60 day fast pass selection time. Also you may have problems with DME and luggage tags.
Not a big deal with FP+, but it may be an issue for the DME--thanks for pointing that out! If they end up deciding to come I'll just work it out (they can always do DME and carry on their luggage if possible).

Also important to due in advance because fo magical express. If not doing on line i think you need to call it in at least 2 weeks early.

We've changed reservations around right up until the day of. The only thing that becomes constraining is if you have ADR's, fast pass reservations or you have your Magic Bands in hand. There's certainly ways to be able to process the changes, but it you might not be able to make all the changes you want.

For Magical Express, if you don't get them added prior to going, they can just go to the desk at MCO, and they will be able to get on. I believe they can then just give the bag tags from the airline to the DME people and they will collect the luggage or they can just bring it with them.

So, if it is last minute, as long as they are on the reservation day of travel, riding DME won't be a problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter