Changing Our Trip - WWYD?

DisneyPiPhi

DIS Veteran
Despite thinking we were good to go for our May trip, my HR director just denied the time off, so we have to change our trip. Sadly, we are already within our 45 day window.

The next time we could travel would be August. Our planned May trip was staying Business Class at CSR. If we go in August, we could stay Business Class at CSR for about $200 less for the total package. Changing reservations directly with Disney would mean we don't lose our $200 deposit, which is nice.

I also have quotes from a travel agency for that week in August. We could stay at Poly for what we are paying for CSR, or at Yacht or Beach club for about $180 less. The kicker is we'd lose our $200 deposit from Disney for canceling within the 45-day window.

We'd also be paying $600 to the airline no matter what to change our flights.

Any advice? What would you do?

From what you're saying, it looks like you would end up paying an extra $220 for a deluxe resort. That's less than $40/night. What's to think about??? Just make sure you're comparing apples to apples. That this great deal is giving you the same ticket/dining package as your current package.

I have to agree with Minnie Mum. If you can stay at a deluxe for an extra $220, I say go for it!

I rarely stray from reserving directly with Disney. It sounds like the real problem is with HR. How do you know you won't get bumped at work again by HR. My job requires 90 day notice for Vacations then they are stuck paying any deposits and such I lose if they have to change my plans later on.

Actually, because you would be changing your CSR package dates within the 45-day prior timeframe, Disney is likely to charge you the $50 change fee so you would need to factor that in.

I would do YC or BC. Too much construction going on at Poly for my tastes. Even if you lose your $200 deposit, you're basically getting $180 back with the savings from YC/BC. Upgrade to a deluxe for $20? Absolutely!

It sounds like you were able to get a quote from a magical trip. Like others have posted, make sure you know what the construction is going to be like at the Polynesian, and then you are weighing your options, just asking here I think to see if we can spot any other flaws in the choice to upgrade for such a small amount!

I've read trip reports that some say its ok, and others that hate it... it just depends on you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter