Changing # of Guests on ADR

Katti Michele

Mouseketeer
What is the easiest way to change the number of guests on ADRs? Or do I have to cancel it and hope no one books that time slot before I can again? I tried to play around on MDE but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Can I call in to do that?

FYI, I am trying to decrease it (from 3 to 2), not increase! I could see where that may be a problem!

Thanks!

P.S., so this post isn't SO boring, I'll tell you what I have booked for our upcoming trip, arriving on HALLOWEEN! I originally booked with my parents and I but my mother just backed out (reason for my post/question above), so it'll be a Daddy/Daughter Trip (who cares if i'm 27!)

10/31 - No Park - Trail's End Dinner 6:40pm (I think it will be fun to explore Ft Wilderness, I hear they have some special Halloween activities!)
11/1 - MK Day - Chef Mickey's Brunch 1:50pm (I know CM gets bad reviews but it's a must-do for me on the first morning. Hard to screw up a Mickey waffle right?! Would love an earlier time, but it's all that is available for now)
11/2 - AK - (nothing - checking hourly for 'Ohana dinner)
11/3 -EP - Coral Reef Dinner 5:50pm (I found out after we booked that it is F&W, but we're picky eaters so I don't know how well we'll do, but I really want to try things! We'll put those free dining snack credits to good use)
11/4 - HS - 50's Prime Time Dinner 4:00pm (Early, but trying to make sure we make it to see Fantasmic at 7)
11/5 - No clue - Boma Dinner 7:35pm (Ideally I would like to switch Boma to our AK day and fit in 'Ohana towards the end)
11/6 - No clue
11/7 - No Park - (We have a later flight so thinking of going to Kona for an OOP breakfast. That Tonga Toast has been calling my name for YEARS!)

If anyone has any suggestions, especially for the 5th or 6th, i'm all ears (no pun intended):earboy2:

If you call, they should be able to remove the extra person. Also if you showed up with 2 instead of the 3 the reservation is for, it wouldn't be an issue (its only when no one shows up that they charge). Calling for removal is usually the best though because it often opens up another table in the system (which could happen with a lot of yours since you are going from 3 to 2).

When you search for 1 of your adrs for 2, choose it and it say that you already have a reservation within that time frame and it will ask you if you want to keep or cancel the first adr.. Click cancel. It will not cancel your original adr until you have gone completely through the process.

Trails End always has plenty of availability, so you'd probably have no problem changing that one now if you wanted to. Actually just checked and Coral Reef has an opening for 5:40pm for 2 on 11/3 so you could grab that too if you wanted. Also 50's Primetime has a 4pm opening for 2 on 11/4 right now also! So you may not have a problem even switching these! Chef Mickeys has an opening for 2 at 1:50 on 11/1 also. I would start getting these done asap. Ohana has no avilability but that is no surprise- but keep checking!!!

Last edited:

i WAS hoping I could call and reduce instead of canceling the ADR and trying to get the same for a lower number right after. So, thanks! I made these ADRs back in JUNE for our trip 1st week of December and got almost all that I wanted. But now 4 people out of our 10 guests have backed out, so a good table of 4 will be opening up. :)

I have five ADRs for our December trip, and my 3 year old is showing up differently on each of them. On one of them it says the res is for 2 adults and 1 child (which is correct), on three of them it says 2 adults and 1 infant, then on one res it has 3 adults. I have checked to make sure her age is correct in the main settings, and it is correct. I've tried to update the guests, and it still doesn't change it. That is what I see on the website. When I look on the MDE app on my ipad or iphone, it says party of 3. Is this something I need to worry about?

I have five ADRs for our December trip, and my 3 year old is showing up differently on each of them. On one of them it says the res is for 2 adults and 1 child (which is correct), on three of them it says 2 adults and 1 infant, then on one res it has 3 adults. I have checked to make sure her age is correct in the main settings, and it is correct. I've tried to update the guests, and it still doesn't change it. That is what I see on the website. When I look on the MDE app on my ipad or iphone, it says party of 3. Is this something I need to worry about?

Unless its a fully pre paid ADR like CRT or HDD I wouldn't worry, even then they can adjust it. When you check in they will ask how may adults and children in your party as long as you have the same or less than the number of people in the reservation you will be fine. Last trip we had 3 adults and 1 child and some of my adrs were 4 adults, some 2 adults 2 children, no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter