Changing nights on a package

minerva78

Mouseketeer
I have a question: When you book a package and if you later decide to change the nights for your room and tickets, is your current package just modified or is it cancelled and a new package booked? The reason I ask is because I'm unsure as to whether or not I want to stay 7 nights with 6 day tickets or 6 nights with 5 day tickets. So does it make more sense to book the longer stay and then drop off a night later before final payment if that's what I decide to do? Would that be easier than trying to add a day, or does it matter?

I have a question: When you book a package and if you later decide to change the nights for your room and tickets, is your current package just modified or is it cancelled and a new package booked? The reason I ask is because I'm unsure as to whether or not I want to stay 7 nights with 6 day tickets or 6 nights with 5 day tickets. So does it make more sense to book the longer stay and then drop off a night later before final payment if that's what I decide to do? Would that be easier than trying to add a day, or does it matter?

I think it can be easier to drop a day rather than add a day. :goodvibes

It would definitely be easier to drop a day. If you tried to add a day, there might not be availability.

I have modified a couple of times and it is very easy. The only time they have to cancel and rebook is if you are switching from a room only reservation to a package or vice versa. If you are just modifying the dates or length of stay, they will just update your existing reservation. I definitely agree with above posters and would book the extra day and drop later if you need too.

Thanks for the clarification. The 7 nights with 6 day tickets is a little more than what I want to spend, but when discounts come out for my dates it could potentially make it in my price range - or not. So I'm glad it makes sense to just book the longer package and potentially take off a day if the discount isn't great.

Thanks for the clarification. The 7 nights with 6 day tickets is a little more than what I want to spend, but when discounts come out for my dates it could potentially make it in my price range - or not. So I'm glad it makes sense to just book the longer package and potentially take off a day if the discount isn't great.

As others have said, it's easier to drop a night than it is to add a night, so you are better off booking the maximum number of nights you think you'll need and modifying it later. The only time cancelling/rebooking is needed is when you go from one reservation type to the other (package to RO and vice versa).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter