• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing my hotel!

cherina69

Earning My Ears
Hi we've just booked our disney holiday for october 2011 staying at the Port orleans riverside but we didnt book it through disney, so i was just wondering now that its booked can we can still change our hotel direct through disney, and if we can whats the best way to do this?

Would it be better to ring disney and ask to change hotels or wait untill we get there and then ask them?

Thanks for the help

You can't change anything through Disney if you didn't book through Disney. The place/travel agent that you booked through technically owns your reservation until you arrive and therefore changes have to be made by them or through them.

Who did you book through? Did you use a travel agent or a travel broker (like Expedia, Travelocity, etc.)?

You may be able to switch resorts once you arrive on site subject to availability but you will probably pay rack rate (no discounts) if you do this.

I thought that we probs wouldnt be able to change anything through disney with not booking with them but just thought id check!!

We booked through a company called Oceans-Florida that i found online, I'll av 2 ring them and see if they can change the hotel for us!!

Thanks for replying :)

if you don't book through disney they can not change anything for you.

I thought that we probs wouldnt be able to change anything through disney with not booking with them but just thought id check!!

We booked through a company called Oceans-Florida that i found online, I'll av 2 ring them and see if they can change the hotel for us!!

Thanks for replying :)
If they can't change anything for you, you are so far out from your trip that you should be able to cancel it and book directly with Disney.

Hi we've just booked our disney holiday for october 2011 staying at the Port orleans riverside but we didnt book it through disney, so i was just wondering now that its booked can we can still change our hotel direct through disney, and if we can whats the best way to do this?

Would it be better to ring disney and ask to change hotels or wait untill we get there and then ask them?

Thanks for the help

I use a travel agency MEI UNLIMITED and I have called them many times re this or that and they do the changing, get me the best price and would recommend them to anyone. Not knowing your agency I would go through them and they will prob be just great!!!!:dance3:

Thanks for the advice everyone, im going to ring them today and see if they will change it for us!!:)

we booked through a uK travel agent 2 years ago and booked CBR. when we got there we realised that we would rather be in AKL where we had always stayed before and so we asked the desk whether we could change.
they were fine to do that for us and charged us the difference between the rack rates for CBR and AKL. The CM even called AKL for us to check their availability and arranged for our luggage to be transferred.
we went off to the parks for the day and when we came back (to AKL) our luggage was there waiting for us :goodvibes
we did not inform the travel agent at all except to change our pick up location for ME.

we booked through a uK travel agent 2 years ago and booked CBR. when we got there we realised that we would rather be in AKL where we had always stayed before and so we asked the desk whether we could change.
they were fine to do that for us and charged us the difference between the rack rates for CBR and AKL. The CM even called AKL for us to check their availability and arranged for our luggage to be transferred.
we went off to the parks for the day and when we came back (to AKL) our luggage was there waiting for us :goodvibes
we did not inform the travel agent at all except to change our pick up location for ME.

That is because you were already onsite and checking in. Prior to that, Disney does not have the ability to change and/or modify a reservation done by a third party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter