Changing Kids non-expiry tickets to adult non-expiry tickets

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
We bought non-expiry tickets for our kids a few years back, each with 7 days left. I understand we can go to the parks and get them upgraded to adult non-expirty tickets at no charge. Currently they are linked to our Magibands for our upcoming May trip. We don't anticipate using all the days left on the passes.

My question is: once they upgrade them, will they give me a replacement adult ticket that I can then use for future trips? Or will they only be linked to our Magicbands and we would have to do something with those in order to use the passes in the future?

We bought non-expiry tickets for our kids a few years back, each with 7 days left. I understand we can go to the parks and get them upgraded to adult non-expirty tickets at no charge. Currently they are linked to our Magibands for our upcoming May trip. We don't anticipate using all the days left on the passes.

My question is: once they upgrade them,

A. will they give me a replacement adult ticket that I can then use for future trips?
B. Or will they only be linked to our Magicbands and we would have to do something with those in order to use the passes in the future?
A. You can do that, if you like.
B. Once the tickets have been upgraded, they can be used on future trips with no further action needed.

All ticket resources are kept in a Disney computer file (not "on" a ticket, or MagicBand) so. regardless of how you do the upgrade, that upgrade will remain associated with that person's ticket until such time as it is all used up.

Thanks.
So will they just adjust settings for the ticket numbers associated with my current kids non-expiry tickets, to make them adult tickets? That way I can just keep using the same ticket number?

Thanks.

A. So will they just adjust settings for the ticket numbers associated with my current kids non-expiry tickets, to make them adult tickets?
B. That way I can just keep using the same ticket number?

A. Yes.
B. Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter