Changing from a baby carrier to "big" car seat!

T16GEM

<font color=blue>I must have a funnel cake when I'
Hi all

Just looking for a bit of advice really, the time has come for Harley to come out of his infant car seat carrier dooflika and go into a big boy car seat, but I can't get the same one that Shelby has got anymore and I wondered if any of you have any other recommendations.

I don't want to spend millions of pounds but would prefer a make that I know like Maxi Cosi or Britax etc (Shelby's is a Maxi Cosi) but please bear in mind that I need 3 of the things :scared1: (my car, DH's car and Mom's car for baby sitting duties!)

Thank you!

Gems

We have the Britax Evolva Ultra for DS - at the time it was the only seat that would fit in my mini! It is very compact but very very sturdy! I think it cost approx £130 :)

We also have a Britax that we got from Halfords it was in the sale for only £49 I think they still have them at the moment, they are reduced from £100 and it's great too

Declan's in Molly's old Britax Eclipse - they seem to be about £150 now (we only have 1!)

Boots.com are doing 20% car seats at the mo. Might help?

Hi Gems!

Have you looked on www.kiddicare.com? They are based in peterborough and sell practically anything you need for babies!

Joshua has the Britax First Class SI in ours and my parents car, and has had it from birth. Suitable from birth to 4 years. He still sits and sleeps in it comfortably, and is now 2 years old!:scared1: Where did that time go! LOL. It also reclines for baby also.

Depending on what colour you want they start on there at £69.99. Bit different to places like mothercare where the same seat is £130. If you need 2 or 3 it's quite a saving.

Karina

All sorted now! Mr Jay (his middle name is Jay before you wonder if I have forgotton my sons name :D) is now residing in a Britax Freeway, they were £59.99 off Kiddiecare, I also went through Quidco and got another 4% off, and cos I bought 3 I got them for £57 and a set of free sun shades apparently worth £20!

Thank you all for your help!
Gems

Edit: Must say as well that the service from Kiddicare was excellent, I ordered them on Wednesday, and they all arrived the very next day - I didn't pay anything for delivery or upgrade it so I thought that was fab!

Glad you got your seats and at such a good price aswell!:thumbsup2

We basically got all our baby stuff from there. Ordered from them online a couple of times but would usually take a drive there and shop as the place is massive!

Really pleased though that you had a good experience with them!:)

Karina

i would go to mothercare first (you dont have to buy from there) and check that the car seat fits in your car. If you go to a big store they will take them out and fit them in your car to make sure they sit well. We have 2 cars seats for each child as the 2 i originally got didnt sit well in DH car. They all have there strengths and weaknesses. I like the britax isofix one as it doesnt move an inch when it is fitted in most cars although it didnt like chrysler 300 we had. (dont know what car you have but we struggled more with cars with leather seats. Also if the back seats are well padded you have to be careful)
Once you find one you like you can shop around as you can make some serious savings!
HTH

Hi all,
Following getting the seats home etc etc they are very hard - and even though my little one isn't lacking in bum padding :) I think they are a bit too hard! SO I am going to return them, and try another one.

Buzz - where abouts is Kiddiecare? DO they have everything online in store?

Buzz - where abouts is Kiddiecare? DO they have everything online in store?

Hi Gems,

Go on www.kiddicare.info and it give you directions on how to get there and you can look at what they do on the virtual shop.

Sorry to hear that your seats are not comfortable, not heard of the Britax Freeway:confused3

Have you only opened one of the seats? if so, I would package it back up how it came, give them a call and explain that they are too hard for little one. If you are planning on going down there, tell them you can return them that way and then you can look around at all the seats there and even try them in your car.

I would say they do sell everything that is online at the store as the place is big.

Hope that helps:thumbsup2

Karina

Thanks Karina,
Yes I have only opened one of them, Dh said that when it's in my car as well it doesn't recline very well. We have arranged to send them back now, and I think we are going to get the MaxiCosi Priori from Boots.

It's a bit of a pain having to return them but hey..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter