Changing from 7 day to 3/4 day cruises

Faith&Hope

I'd rather be cruisin'...
Hi! We are thinking about changing our currently booked 7 day cruise to a 3/4 day back to back. I was wondering how that affects the 10% rebooking discount on our 7day as well as the $200 OBC. Will the 10% carry over to the 4 day cruise and then will the OBC reduce to $100? Or am I out all together in that they won't transfer my discounts because it's not a 7 day cruise again?

THanks!

Yes, your discount will be changed to the appropriate onboard promotion for the 3 and 4 day cruises. I am sorry that I do not know if you get the 10% for those cruises but I am sure someone will post soon who will. :)

We changed our 7 night to a 4 night after returning home. We still got the 10% off, but our shipboard credit was reduced to $100.

Your benefits will transfer to ONE of your 2 cruises on the B2B. Since you will have 2 reservation numbers for the 2 cruises, only one will remain the same and only that one will be considered a rebooking while on board. The other will be considered a new booking.

I'm doing a B2B next month and beginning to wonder if it was a mistake. We did it for the dates involved but after much research, I think I'd really prefer the 7 day. Ah well....I'll let you know how it works out.

The one thing we really enjoyed about the 7 day cruise over the 3 night & 4 night cruises was the entertainment. The 7 day cruise had something different every night, especially in the adults only area. If you do two back to backs you will have pretty much the same entertainment on both cruises. Also the food would be different instead of the same menus the first 3 nights of both cruises. Also there are events like the Palo brunch and the Character breakfast that aren't offerered on the shorter cruises. The only plus would be two stops at Castaway Cay. Just my two cents worth.

pirate:

Unless it is a financial thing or scheduling problem, in my opinion, a 7 day cruise is much better. On back2backs you lose most of one day in port. Yeah, it's nice to be alone on the ship for a few hours. I'd rather be at sea though. (BTW- our b2b last July cost the same as a 7 night)

Thanks everyone for responding! This will be our 4th cruise. We've done all 7 day cruises (2 western and one eastern). We were looking at changing our dates and saw that back to back for March 2009 was an option for us. I like the idea of castaway cay twice. Since we go every year, not much has changed onboard. We know which shows we should skip, etc. On the 3-4 day, there's the Toy Story show that would be new for us. Nassau would be new for us. We don't do Palo brunch so that wouldn't affect us but we do do Palo dinner! Wouldn't want to miss that! Is there a pirate night on the 3/4 day trips?

I know what you mean about wasting a day at port! I would much rather be on the high seas!

Have to rethink this! Anyone have anymore input?

the Character breakfast that aren't offerered on the shorter cruises.

pirate:

Yikes! Didn't think about that! I don't like the new island character breakfast (or whatever you call it) but at least the kids got to see some characters! Liked the breakfast setup before that!!

Yes, there is a pirate night on both the 3 and 4 day. However, the 3 day doesn't have the pirate menu. The character breakfast (7 day only) has gone back to the old way where the some of the characters come to the table for a quick picture/autograph.

You're really not missing anything by not seeing Nassau.

palo brunch is offered on the 4 night bahama cruise. It was great.

Thanks for your info! I'm glad Palo, pirate night and character breakfast exist on 3/4 day cruises! It seems like so much going on in such a short amount of time! So, do people dress for pirate night on the shorter cruises? Since we are only used to 7 day cruises, I can't imagine 3/4 day cruises!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter