• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing from 2nd to 1st dinner

emhinds

Earning My Ears
We are traveling March 15th on the Wonder. Because we booked late, we only have 2nd seating for dinner. We have put in a request to be moved to the 1st seating. Any thoughts on the odds of that happening...the ship is sold out! We are traveling with our two year old and don't know if he is up for the late night!

I don't know how you plan to get to the ship and when you plan on getting there, but if you get there early and manage to snag a 2 or 3 boarding number, you can head straight to Wavebands where you might be able to get it switched at that time. They have CM's there to handle possible switches and to take Palo reservations.

It probably isn't highly likely as "most" people want the early seating but there are those of us who greatly prefer the second seating for many many reasons!:banana: Don't sweat it if you get the later one, you may become a fan also!

If you can't get main dining, you might consider feeding your 2 year old early and placing him in Flounders while you have dinner during the 2nd seating. He/She will probably be a lot more comfortable there and you will have an enjoyable dinner.

When we went on our 7 nighter, we originally had 2nd seating. I made multiple requests with a variety of people to be changed to early seating and everyone told me my chances were slim. We all just dressed up and showed up for early dinner. I told the maitre d my 4 year old was hungry and he hooked us up with early dining. That may or may not work for you, but that's what we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter