changing flight after airtran changes schedule

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by cjnix29, Nov 7, 2009.

1. cjnix29

cjnix29 DIS Veteran

What leeway do they give you in picking your new flight? Does it have to be the same day? Same airport? They changed our schedule to a really lousy time. There isn't anything that works better for us. I dont' want to cancel and rebook, because I used the $25 vouchers. Any ideas?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. castlefor2

castlefor2 Earning My Ears

We were given the option of leaving on an earlier flight that day. We declined this as they weren't direct flights. So we were able to leave a day early w/o any additional costs. I think it depends on seat availability.

4. cjnix29

cjnix29 DIS Veteran

I just called airtran. Got the nicest customer service person. I was able to change airports, better flight times, and got to keep my seat assigments I got free through kayak. Yippee!!!

5. cbrfan

cbrfan DIS Veteran

Way to go!! People complain about AirTran changing flight times. I can see where it's a problem in limited markets, but I use to my advantage. I purchase the least expensive flight that has times I live with and pray for a schedule change. When it happens, I jump on the more expensive non-stop or change dates. Whatever I like best. I always look at the flight times posted and guess at which flight is most likely to be changed or eliminated and choose that one.

6. kristenrice

kristenrice DIS Veteran

Same here:thumbsup2. I drive 2.5 hours to Detroit, just to fly AT, even though I am 10 minutes from the Grand Rapids airport. They have the greatest customer service:yay:.