• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing Discounts on Existing Reservation?

Eric in TX

Belle, it's about time you got your head out of th
Hi All,

I think I know the answer to this, but as the designated "planner" for our group trip this October I wanted to make sure.....

We currently have a PIN for 20/30/40 and are going to book with that.

If FD or some other deal comes along in the next few months that is better, will we be able to go in and cancel/change our existing reservation to remove 20/30/40 and add in the better deal?

Thanks!

You can cancel or change your reservation up to 45 days before arrival with no penalty on packages.. about a week for room only reservations.

The catch when changing from discount offer "A" to "B" is that sometimes the room types and resorts where offer "A" is available do not match where offer "B" is available.

As such, you may have to be flexible on either your resorts, room category or your travel dates.. (ideally all three) ;)

The other factor to keep in mind. Offer "A" may have a 'book by' date of March 30th for example. If you cancel that offer and take offer "B" ... you can never return to offer "A" , no matter how much begging you do. So.. My suggestion is to book and confirm the new offer BEFORE cancelling the existing reservation... that way.. if they run into booking problems or other issues with the new offer, your old reservation is UNTOUCHED.

Lots of people will tell you that they converted from offer A to B with the same reservation with no problems. But do you really wanna be the guy who becomes the exception? I'd always defer on the side of "safe" rather than "sorry."

Knox

Thanks for the info Knox.

I agree that the best course of action would be to confirm that "B" is booked before cancelling "A". You are right....I never want to be that guy :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter