Changing Dining Reservations from 3 to 2 people

hamilkm

DIS Veteran
It is looking like my Dad is not going to be able to get off of work for our trip the first week in September. We knew this was a possibility. My question is that all of our dining reservations are for 3 people. I had originally just booked the trip for mom and I, and I had all of our reservations just how we wanted. Then dad decided he might go, so I cancelled everything and rebooked for 3 people. It took me a while, but I finally found them all at least close to the times/days I wanted again. It may be about a week before we leave that I know for sure if he is going or not. Will we be okay showing up to our ADR's with only 2 people? If I call the reservation line can a cast member change by reservation to only 2 people without me losing them? Thanks so much! I just know at a week out I may not be able to get all our hard to get reservations.

If 2 of you show up for a 3 person ADR you will be charged a no show fee of $10 for your dad.

You can call Disney Dining and simply have one party member removed from all your ADRs beforehand.

Thanks so much. I just had this fear of calling Disney Dining and them telling me there were no tables for 2 available and having to cancel and re-do all my adr's for a second time! I told my dad he has until 5 days before we leave for me to take him off the reservation, so I should be able to call them whenever he lets me know for sure.

I've heard the opposite, that as long as you turn up, they don't charge if one can't make it

That actually may be true now that I think of it. I actually called Disney the other day because I was inquiring about one of the ADR helper sites (indirectly) and I do know that the person whose name is on the ADR does not have to show up as long as the person physically checking in at the restaurant knows thew name the ADR was made under (and conf#). I asked why this was and she said because some guests get sick, etc and dont feel like showing up but that the rest of the party will be able to use the ADR just fine. Given that, it would seem very likely the same would apply to the OP's case. Disney doesn't know if her dad got sick or couldn't get off work, so she should be fine.

I once had two BoG ressies for the same evening on my account, my Wife and I used the first one but the family we booked for on the second couldn't make it (someone drove into them on the I4!) so I cancelled it with an hour to spare, and we were not charged at all for some reason.

The system has quirks!

I may just leave it as it is until we get there. Our first reservation is for Ohana and that will be one of the hardest to replace. It's also the only place my mom specifically asked to eat. If we get charged I will cancel the rest and wing it. We are staying at the beach club, so there are a lot of places to choose from that are close by.

From everything that I read, unless the reservation is a pre-pay one (CRT, dinner shows)...just leave it with 3 people...as long as 1 person honors the ADR, you will not be charged.

If 2 of you show up for a 3 person ADR you will be charged a no show fee of $10 for your dad.

You can call Disney Dining and simply have one party member removed from all your ADRs beforehand.

This goes against all other information I have read on the DIS.

The policy reads
"$10 per person will be charged/forfeited if cancelling within 1 Day or a no show of the reservation"
OP, unless it is a pre-pay event, don't worry about it. You don't want to risk losing your ADRs.

The policy reads
"$10 per person will be charged/forfeited if cancelling within 1 Day or a no show of the reservation"
OP, unless it is a pre-pay event, don't worry about it. You don't want to risk losing your ADRs.
Thanks so much! This makes me feel better! I'm still hoping my dad gets to go. This trip was a treat from me for my parents. I planned all the places they will love (nothing pre paid) and I would hate not to still get to take my mom.

As long as someone shows up you WILL NOT be charged the no-show fee. Just show up with 2 people and tell them the third person couldn't make it. :)

You will not be charged as long as one person shows up.
We changed number of people showing up....less or coarse, not more....many times without a problem.
They only charge you if no one shows.

Has anyone had this experience with CRT or Wishes Dessert party? I have reservations for 7 at both next month, but someone isn't able to make the trip now. I know I have to call to change to 6, but I'm worried that they might cancel the whole reservation instead of modify it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter