• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing dates because of Touring Plans?

minerva78

Mouseketeer
I just got a subscription to Touring Plans, and when I was looking at crowd levels for the time we wanted to go next June, they were in the 9 -10 range, which I expected for June. What I didn't expect was to have dates in July with much lighter crowds, some crowd levels as low as a 5! That just seems odd to me - has anyone really noticed lighter crowds in July than in late June?

I originally picked some dates that were right after my girls finish school for the year, which is not until mid June, but now this makes me wonder if I should be looking at staying in July instead. I was hoping the heat would be better in June than July, and I wanted to go as soon as I can in June, but this just seems a bit unreal. Would their predictions be enough to make you change the dates of your trip? I haven't read a lot yet about how they make their determination, I just wasn't expecting that big of a difference in crowds.

I would book the week that's best for your family. Crowd calendars are notorious for changing - sometimes dramatically - as your trip grows closer. How would you feel if you changed your trip and discovered a week or two before you leave that the crowd predictions are HIGHER than your original date?

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR DATES THAT INFO IS WRONG.THERE IS NO WAY THE JULY DAYS ARE ONLY 5s.I have been an ap for the past 11 years and july IS NOT THAT QUIET also JUne IAS NOT THAT BUSY.june days are 8s or 9s whereas july dates are 9s and a few 10s.When comes to crowd calanders easywdw IS THE MOST ACCURATE NOT TP. unforunantely easywdws calander doesn't come out till 6-7 months before.

No. Ignore the crowd calendars. Both time periods will be hot and busy. (Also, believe it or not, an 8 & 5 are not that different in crowd levels!)

It really depends on the dates. If you're looking at the last week in June, the numbers would be higher because it's close to the 4th of July, which is a notoriously busy time. But toward the end of July, the numbers should be lower.

I checked TouringPlans, and I am surprised that all of June is all 9s and 10s, but the July numbers are what I would expect.

I just looked at Historical June vs. July on Touring Plans......

Seems to me that early June has far more 4/5/6 than July, which is solid 7/8/9.

Moreover, July will be hotter than June.

IMHO, stick with June.

I just looked at Historical June vs. July on Touring Plans......

Seems to me that early June has far more 4/5/6 than July, which is solid 7/8/9.

Moreover, July will be hotter than June.

IMHO, stick with June.

I was looking around the last full week in June instead of early June, since that's the earliest we can go. I haven't seen any historical data though, just next year. And all of mid July is in the 5 - 7 range, which I just thought was strange. At least it's good to know that historically July is more crowded, so I won't feel the need to rethink my dates.

Heat from June to July won't be a noticeable difference. I take Touring Plans with a grain of salt and tend to rely more on easywdw.com.

Isn't July one of the main months for the huge Brazilian tour groups? If so, that might be another reason to stick to your dates in June.

I would never base my vacation on any crowd calendar. There great tools to use but works better when you get closer to your vacation. When we were not sure what week to pick, we used www.**************.net . That site was a big help with everything. I also belong to touring plans and have used easy wdw and both are pretty accurate .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter