Changing CRT ADR

TwinMomEsq

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. We were lucky enough to get a CRT ADR for my daughters' birthday. However, pickings were extremely slim and I was only able to get an ADR for four people (there will be six in our party). I am going to keep checking between now and October to see if anything opens up for six. Otherwise, the two boys are going to go off and do non-princess things while the ladies lunch.

My question is, if by some miracle an opening for six does come up at around the same time, what is the best procedure for switching the reservation? I know you can't have two ADRs at the same time, and I am so afraid of cancelling the one I have and then not getting the new one. This is the one must-do meal of the trip, so I am terrified of messing it up.

If it comes available, book it. If your other reservation is too close, the system will warn you that it will be cancelled as soon as you complete the new booking.

Yeah- the cancellation of the overlapping ADR will occur simultaneously with the booking of the new ADR after you OK through the warning message, so I wouldn't worry. If the ADRs aren't overlapping, just cancel the excess ADR after you book the new one.

Have you tried making a separate reservation for 2 around the same time as your reservation for 4? If you can find one, you can check in together and request to be seated together. No guarantees, but they will try to seat you together. I once traveled with a party of 9 and splitting up reservations was the only way we could get in to some restaurants. We were always accommodated once we checked in at the podium.

What the others said, if you find a reservation for 6 at the same time as your reservation for 4, the system won't cancel your old reservation until the new one is secured. I have the same problem, I have reservations for June 8th for 2 at CRT (DD and myself.) My DH and 2 boys will do something else while we are eating in the castle but I'm really hoping something for 5 opens so we can all go. I know DH would love to see DD's face when she meets the princesses! Good luck to both of us.

Thanks to all for your help and advice. I feel much better and am going to see if I can employ some of those strategies to increase my odds.

sbd78 - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you have luck too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter