Changes

It sure would be nice if restaurants that run chronically behind had some kind of beeper or ability to page when your table is ready so that after checking in you can step farther away from the checkin area which can be very crowded, loud and frustrating to those who do typically need some kind of alternate waiting area.

They had those at the Crystal Palace last summer, but I'm not sure how far the range on them is.

Of course, a bunch of restaurants we DON'T dine at have them. LOL There are a few which are chronically running behind which don't and it would REALLY help if they did. The DHS restaurants all come to mind. Is there some reason that park just doesn't have the ability to use beepers? CP having them is good at least since it seems from reports I've read that they're another chronically behind offender. Hopefully the range is enough that people can go sit maybe by the baby care center or off towards one of the bridges to get out of the traffic. The DHS restaurants all seem to say that you have to stay within earshot because you have to be able to hear your name being called and they're not going more than a few steps past the checkin desk to call for people.

I have had the hostess at 50's Prime Time come outside and holler like mom. "Buffettgirl party of 6. The STREETLIGHT ARE ON. COME INSIDE NOW!" They usually let us stay outside if our party is pretty large.

Of course, a bunch of restaurants we DON'T dine at have them. LOL There are a few which are chronically running behind which don't and it would REALLY help if they did. The DHS restaurants all come to mind. Is there some reason that park just doesn't have the ability to use beepers? CP having them is good at least since it seems from reports I've read that they're another chronically behind offender. Hopefully the range is enough that people can go sit maybe by the baby care center or off towards one of the bridges to get out of the traffic. The DHS restaurants all seem to say that you have to stay within earshot because you have to be able to hear your name being called and they're not going more than a few steps past the checkin desk to call for people.

Can you leave someone or part of your party behind to listen for your name and then text you on your cell phone when the table is ready? My son would not do well waiting in a crowded lobby and the restaurant is going to be a bit of a challenge. Do they insist that everyone be there waiting together or could we wander away from the restaurant and have someone in the family call us when it was ready?

Can you leave someone or part of your party behind to listen for your name and then text you on your cell phone when the table is ready? My son would not do well waiting in a crowded lobby and the restaurant is going to be a bit of a challenge. Do they insist that everyone be there waiting together or could we wander away from the restaurant and have someone in the family call us when it was ready?

We have done this, after advising the CM that is callling the tables of our son's needs. Never had an issue.

My friend just renewed a GAC yesterday (3 month as it is with an AP) and was not told of any changes at all to the current GAC system. Said friend also has many friends that still work as CMs and none of them have heard about changes to GAC system that is in place.

My friend just renewed a GAC yesterday (3 month as it is with an AP) and was not told of any changes at all to the current GAC system. Said friend also has many friends that still work as CMs and none of them have heard about changes to GAC system that is in place.

GACs can be valid for 3 months if you have an AP? Never knew that.

GACs can be valid for 3 months if you have an AP? Never knew that.

Yes.
The expectation is that someone with an AP might be coming often and is likely to visit several times in that time period.

Just a word of cation on this Front of the line CM (ie the ones you see in the parks) often don't know everything that the company is doing behind the scenes.

Just a word of cation on this Front of the line CM (ie the ones you see in the parks) often don't know everything that the company is doing behind the scenes.

Yes, that is true. The main information I was sharing is that if there were going to be changes soon and someone renewed a 3 month GAC then GS would have informed my friend that the uses of that pass may change during the time-frame it was issued or they would not have issued a 3 month GAC at all. GS did not inform of any change on June 1st to the current program to this person and issued a GAC for 3 months of use (through Sept 1). I am not trying to discount the OP at all, but just trying to maybe dispel any concern or worry for those with upcoming trips and worried about changes. I know that my family would be affected and I would totally have to change my plans for my upcoming trip due to a family member with multiple disabilities (some visible and some not). I know I was relieved to hear the information from my friend and thought others may feel the same way.

However, if the changes were going to happen soon and would affect the CMs in any way of how they were to handle/help guests with any disability then CMs would need to be informed of the changes so they could help. I would guess they would need to let them know 2-3 weeks in advance. So I cannot imagine those with trips planned in the next month (or maybe even three) will have to worry about changes to the current program other than the postings of people being denied or being issued a different GAC from before as has been verified. My friend did not have any problem at all getting the same GAC either so I was relieved to hear that as well.

Just trying to help out!

Yes.
The expectation is that someone with an AP might be coming often and is likely to visit several times in that time period.

Do I just tell them I have an AP when we talk to them about the GAC? We have a trip in June and one in oct and are trying to get another in the middle of those trips.

Thanks for the input in advance.

Still, the CMs at Guest Services may not be completely in the know yet either. They may have heard something "might" be happening, or maybe they were told not to tell what's up and it was a fluke that OP found out.

I'm not trying to be purposely argumentative. Just thinking at work, the higher ups can decide to discontinue a product...then managers find out....then it gets passed to the department workers and eventually everyone else will find out about it. My point is that can take several months, for everyone to find out what's happening. Sometimes we get in a substitute product, but sometimes we don't know about it til it comes in. Just saying that is probably what will happen with this "change" and the CMs.

A few years ago when the Florida Resident Monthly Payment Plan for Annual Passes was being released I had my initial training almost two months before the start, and then follow-up training about two weeks before the start date.

Disney does train the front-line cast sufficiently far in advance when there are major changes in procedures.

Still, the CMs at Guest Services may not be completely in the know yet either. They may have heard something "might" be happening, or maybe they were told not to tell what's up and it was a fluke that OP found out.

I'm not trying to be purposely argumentative. Just thinking at work, the higher ups can decide to discontinue a product...then managers find out....then it gets passed to the department workers and eventually everyone else will find out about it. My point is that can take several months, for everyone to find out what's happening. Sometimes we get in a substitute product, but sometimes we don't know about it til it comes in. Just saying that is probably what will happen with this "change" and the CMs.

And also, the "change" may have nothing to do with what the other poster had for their GAC. There may be changes to only certain types of accommodations, for instance. We really have no clue. So the CM might have known that this particular user's GAC wasn't going to be effected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter