Changes to the Wonder in Drydock - Some Info

I think that's because they don't know everything that they'll be doing, Disney is always planning and "imagining" right up to the point the ship gets to the dry dock. I know major changes require such extensive pre-planning in order to get materials and items manufactured but there are a lot of decor changes and such I would think could be decided later on. Also the mystery is part of the mystique of Disney, they want to surprise their passengers with new and exciting features and experiences that will draw new customers. Lot's of people are predicting a mirroring of the Magic, but I sincerely hope that they don't do a feature for feature update, but bring some new things, better technology, new looks and ideas to the Wonder that will let it stand out in the fleet and remain a distinctive and elegant ship that DCL has become known for.

We were told about " Frozen" coming to the Wonder, on a back stage theatre tour in July last year, was in my trip report blog at that time. This therefore is confirmation rather than new.

So the EBPC will be the last cruise prior to remodel?

I'm both happy and sad about this

Hoping we can afford the EBPC next year so we can see the refurbishments!

.... This therefore is confirmation rather than new.

:rolleyes:

We do all apologize for implying we knew something, at some time, prior to you.
It obviously was a mistake.
We will try to prevent this travesty occurring in the future.

We will only consult your Blog prior to any info or comment being released/posted.
It was an honest mistake. It was an oversight, that some others had a thought or experience to express.

We will defer posting our experiences and knowledge until consulting your blog.
We wouldn't want to violate your mandate.

Our bad. :guilty:

JMO

Last edited:
We do all apologize for implying we knew something, at some time, prior to you.
It obviously was a mistake.
We will try to prevent this travesty occurring in the future.

We will only consult your Blog prior to any info or comment being released/posted.
It was an honest mistake. It was an oversight, that some others had a thought or experience to express.

We will defer posting our experiences and knowledge until consulting your blog.
We wouldn't want to violate your mandate.

Our bad. :guilty:

JMO
You're my new favorite person on the Dis!

You can post noise, you can post any questions, you can even post idiocy, and we eat it up.

Posting ...... , not so much.

ETA; deleted a lot of other text unfortunately.

Last edited:
We will be going in Dec and heard about the dry docking in September. It seems the Wonder is getting a makeover and adding the Aquaduck.

The Wonder was the first ship I ever cruised on, when I was 13. I have such wonderful memories on it, I can't wait to see all of the new experiences!

I think one thing is for sure, they won't be adding Disney Infinity to the kids club like they did on the Dream given the huge announcement they just made that they are shutting down Disney Infinity after they JUST added it onto the dream. We took a cruise on the Dream for my son's birthday in December and he LOVED the Star Wars and the Disney Infinity. But I have to say I really enjoy the idea of each ship being different. We have the Magic on our bucket list for possibly a quick trip in January just because my son loves the Avengers too and I am desperate to see the Tangled show and hopefully we could do Alaska on the re-imagined Wonder in 2018. I cannot wait to see what they put on board!

This Jan (2017) will be our first cruise ... the kids were disappointed when there wasn't a mickey club or star wars/avengers area... so I am hoping they at least put in Mickey club lol although I am sure there will be plenty to do regardless.

Does anyone know if Disney will announce the changes to the Wonder ahead of time? Or will we find out when she sails after the dry dock. Just curious.

Does anyone know if Disney will announce the changes to the Wonder ahead of time? Or will we find out when she sails after the dry dock. Just curious.
Usually, during a dry dock, things sort of "slip out" and that's how we find out what's being done. Occasionally, a "tease" release of information happens just prior to the dry dock. Not a lot of details, but mostly general comments. As in - "look for a new look in the kid's club" as opposed to (for example) "Marvel Academy is being added to the kid's club space". I'm just using that as an example, I have no knowledge of what's going to happen to the Wonder.

Excited for the changes nevertheless. Haven't been on the Wonder yet, but based on the videos/photos I've seen I hope they re-do the buffet (Beach Blanket or something?) to look like Cabanas. Other than that I have no expectations :)

I wonder if they will add a different water slide feature thing. Maybe some racing tubes or something. But the arcade will go, if it hasn't already. The Parrot Cay restaurant will be redone. Concierge will get some upgrades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter