Changes to Online Palo Availability?

BalooHoo

Mouseketeer
For our last few two cruises, we have been completely shut out of booking Palo brunch online, even though I was online to make reservations at the first possible minute 90 days in advance. We have been able to get Palo dinner, but the selection has been thin. For our next upcoming cruise, not only was every slot wide open when I booked, but every brunch slot and the vast majority of dinner slots are still open only 62 days before sailing.

Has Disney changed the policy regarding how many Palo reservations they hold back until boarding? We have never had any trouble getting exactly what we want because it's so easy to add something after boarding, but with so many available slots remaining online I wonder if they have changed the allocation between online reservations and onboard reservations. Anyone have any info? Any recent experiences that could shed some light?

For our last few two cruises, we have been completely shut out of booking Palo brunch online, even though I was online to make reservations at the first possible minute 90 days in advance. We have been able to get Palo dinner, but the selection has been thin. For our next upcoming cruise, not only was every slot wide open when I booked, but every brunch slot and the vast majority of dinner slots are still open only 62 days before sailing.

Has Disney changed the policy regarding how many Palo reservations they hold back until boarding? We have never had any trouble getting exactly what we want because it's so easy to add something after boarding, but with so many available slots remaining online I wonder if they have changed the allocation between online reservations and onboard reservations. Anyone have any info? Any recent experiences that could shed some light?

How many sea days were on the cruises that you couldn't get precruise reservations for? Brunch only being offered on sea days limits the number of available reservations overall. It could be possible that Concierge/Platinum/Gold CC members snatched up all the precruise availability.

How many sea days were on the cruises that you couldn't get precruise reservations for? Brunch only being offered on sea days limits the number of available reservations overall. It could be possible that Concierge/Platinum/Gold CC members snatched up all the precruise availability.

Our last cruise had two sea days, just like this one.

I understand that concierge/platinum/gold guests have the ability to book before me, which certainly explains the previous lack of availability. My question relates to the upcoming cruise, which has far more availability even though the concierge/platinum/gold guests still had the ability to book earlier. In fact, now that we are under 75 days, everyone (even first timers) has had the chance to book and there is still a ton of availability.

Is my cruise an aberration, or are others seeing lots of remaining online availability for upcoming cruises?

Our last cruise had two sea days, just like this one.

I understand that concierge/platinum/gold guests have the ability to book before me, which certainly explains the previous lack of availability. My question relates to the upcoming cruise, which has far more availability even though the concierge/platinum/gold guests still had the ability to book earlier. In fact, now that we are under 75 days, everyone (even first timers) has had the chance to book and there is still a ton of availability.

Is my cruise an aberration, or are others seeing lots of remaining online availability for upcoming cruises?

It's possible there are not as many Concierge/Platinum/Gold members on that particular cruse as normally. Maybe they aren't interested this time? Who knows?

I guess we'll have to see it this trend (lots of availability so close to cruise date) continues, or if your cruise is "special" for some reason. :goodvibes

That is very interesting that there is so much availability. Would also love to hear if other cruises show the same or similar...and if your cruise continues to show that kind of availability.

I must admit to being surprised as well at the Palo availability with my late booking of a 4 day cruise still offering times each day. Unfortunately, my online booking showed Pirate night on the last night -obviously an error which I confirmed by phone and is now corrected online.
30 days out now and all days have availability.

I just booked Palo Brunch for my May 10th Fantasy cruise. I wanted to book for the first sea day but there was nothing available. I did manage to get a 10am for the second sea day and I went on at midnight as a gold castaway member on the first booking day to get this time.

I just booked Palo Brunch for my May 10th Fantasy cruise. I wanted to book for the first sea day but there was nothing available. I did manage to get a 10am for the second sea day and I went on at midnight as a gold castaway member on the first booking day to get this time.

That's strange! I booked palo brunch for the exact same cruise and managed to get the first sea day. I booked the day after the booking window opened at around noon. (I'm gold status as well). Maybe check again to see if you can get the time you originally wanted.

We had the same experience on last year's Fantasy pre-Easter cruise which shocked me even at gold. Every other cruise we have been shut out or had very slim choices for Palo. I didn't even know Palo had 10 a.m. brunch reservations before I saw them last year. This just varies from cruise to cruise. They still hold back 50%.

That's strange! I booked palo brunch for the exact same cruise and managed to get the first sea day. I booked the day after the booking window opened at around noon. (I'm gold status as well). Maybe check again to see if you can get the time you originally wanted.

I did try again this afternoon. It has something to do with there being 3 in my party. I can book for just two of us but once I add my adult daughter they say there is no availability.

Book the reservation for 2 and after you get onboard it will be easy to add your DD to the reservation.

This just varies from cruise to cruise. They still hold back 50%.

Thanks for confirming that the hold back is still 50%. I guess some cruises just have more people booking early compared to others. I wonder if the Palo availability is an indicator of how crowded the cruise may be? Anyone else with recent experiences with online availability for Palo?

Thanks for confirming that the hold back is still 50%. I guess some cruises just have more people booking early compared to others. I wonder if the Palo availability is an indicator of how crowded the cruise may be? Anyone else with recent experiences with online availability for Palo?

We are silver and all the times slots were still available this morning for Palo brunch and for dinner. The only thing sold out were the family beach cabanas.

I completed my checkin at midnight because we wanted an early PAT and at the time I chose 10 a.m. for Palo. I decided later that 11 would probably work better so I went in and changed to 11 and all the slots were still available.

Our cruise was spring break and sold out over 6 months before, with only a couple categories open at that time. I think that it may have had more new cruisers than what we had seen before.

I was able to book Palo dinner at 45 days out without any trouble (late Feb., 3-day on the Dream). Just about every slot from 6:00 to 9:00p on both days I was looking at was available. I checked back at about 30 days out and most of those slots were gone, but there was still some availability. I was wondering the same thing as the OP and was surprised at the amount of available reservations. Looking at staterooms on the DCL website, it appears the ship still has a lot of availability, but I was still surprised by the situation with Palo based on previous reports I've read concerning difficulty getting in. I thought I must have just got lucky. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter