Changes To Main Dining

TheRichFam

Mouseketeer
Howdy everyone

We’re sailing out of Nola on 2/14 on the Wonder. I’ve seen several vlogs lately that said their main and late dinings were combined into one seating that happened at a time between the two tegularly scheduled times (6:30 or 7:00?)

Has anyone sailed recently that had this experience?

Thank you!

following. we are on the 2/24 and wondering same thing. Friend returned today from 3-nt. aboard Dream and had a combined main and said it was tight in dining rooms despite ship being virtually empty. He also said crew were standing around bored most of the day, so I wish they could just keep two seatings.

Howdy everyone

We’re sailing out of Nola on 2/14 on the Wonder. I’ve seen several vlogs lately that said their main and late dinings were combined into one seating that happened at a time between the two tegularly scheduled times (6:30 or 7:00?)

Has anyone sailed recently that had this experience?

Thank you!

I was on the Dream on a 3-night this past weekend and we had first and second seating. They do stagger the dinner times. My seating was at 8:15 while another group nearby had a 8:30 time.

It didn't seem crowded during second seating and I didn't see anyone bored. Everyone was busy doing something during dinner service.

On Fantasy we had early seating at Christmas. The waiters suggested we could come any time after the dining room opened. This spreads out the crowd but also means that all the courses are not prepared at the same time but are more prepared on demand (hotter). Also had almost 10' between tables so it was easy to get to and from seats.

Thanks for the information, everyone. I saw another vlog this am that said the seatings were combined. So weird! It's not a huge deal, except it is really hard to plan things like spa appointments if we don't know when we're going to sit down to eat.

At the end of the day, in 19 days I'll be welcomed back onboard a Disney cruise ship for the first time in WAY too long. The rest is kinda gravy :love:

I believe they are combining dining times on the ships when it is really low occupancy (read 300 on the 2nd wonder sailing)

Is there an occupancy restriction or is the demand low? Or a combination of the two?

LAX

Is there an occupancy restriction or is the demand low? Or a combination of the two?

I think the biggest issue is either people testing positive and being unable to sail (either with the 3 day prior test or at the port), or else a lot of people not wanting to risk that happening to them and postponing or cancelling their sailings. Pretty sure DCL isn't purposely restricting to that low of occupancy.

I think the biggest issue is either people testing positive and being unable to sail (either with the 3 day prior test or at the port), or else a lot of people not wanting to risk that happening to them and postponing or cancelling their sailings. Pretty sure DCL isn't purposely restricting to that low of occupancy.

Plus, passenger numbers are usually lower in the winter months as the kids go back to school and the risk of cold weather sets in. The numbers were much higher over the holidays. DCL even considered adding a third seating for dinner.

I hope they don't combine.....one of my comfort points on WBPC is that dining rooms would be much less crowded. If I'm going to take my mask off to eat, I don't want anyone anywhere near. I've managed to stay healthy so far by being very careful.

I've heard of them only having two of the MDR operating during a seating.... but not combining early and late seating's. Combining seating doesn't really help with crew shortages, might make it worse if you needed more servers or kitchen staff during that seating. But closing a whole restaurant and portions of the kitchen needed to support it... that would alleviate any staff shortages.

CDC has told people it's not safe... and many have canceled. They winter surge has caught a lot of people and they had to cancel. And there are some that got COVID or didn't know they got it and recovered, but didn't know that the PCR tests can detecting left over COVID, up to 90 days.... and are getting left at the port.

Pete was on the 3-night from last weekend and mentioned on this week's podcast that as they walked the halls to & from their stateroom on the first day that there were "many" stateroom keys left on fish extender hook thing-ees meaning guests had tested positive and never boarded.

Also, to circle back to my previous comment, the guests that had reported that crew seemed "bored" was not referring to specifically to dinner service but just overall throughout the sailing. He said that the ratio of crew to guest was high & that the crew were often just standing around with nothing to do. This particular friend is Platinum 3 times over (lucky FL residents!) so it's not like he doesn't have a frame of reference for how busy the crew normally look vs. his experience last weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter