Changes to Extra Magic Hour attractions at Magic Kingdom?

mr.fajita

Earning My Ears
What are the changes? I followed the link in the "DIS Site Updates" box but I didn't see anywhere that actually said what changed. I am just curious and don't know what the old list was.

If you scroll down the page on that link. These were not included in EMH hours before.

Morning Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom

Starting April 23, Liberty Square, Frontierland, Fantasyland will be included in Morning Extra Magic Hours.

If you scroll down the page on that link. These were not included in EMH hours before.

Morning Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom

Starting April 23, Liberty Square, Frontierland, Fantasyland will be included in Morning Extra Magic Hours.

I followed the same link and I didn't see the specific attractions that would be open during MK Morning EMH. I do see the statement about the Liberty Square, Frontierland and Fantasyland would be included, but I expect not all attractions in those lands to be open for EMH.

Anyone have a list of the specific attractions?

Here is what is listed on the Disney site:

Here are the attractions open during Extra Magic Hours:

Magic Kingdom Park
Mornings:
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Cinderella's Golden Carrousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Haunted Mansion, "it's a small world", The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Peter Pan's Flight, Splash Mountain

Steve

I see the new list of available rides, I just wanted to know what changed...meaning what rides are now available that weren't there before?

I see the new list of available rides, I just wanted to know what changed...meaning what rides are now available that weren't there before?

The very FIRST day that they changed the MK AM EMH attractions was last Thursday.

There were some technical problems, so that SOME of the attractions that were SUPPOSED to be open for EMH were not.

So, here is what I have been able to piece together as to what SHOULD be available:
(I am still not SURE about this.)

ALL of the attractions at Fantasyland SHOULD be open for AM EMH.
This is exactly what used to happen (before the new change) and it still continues.

NONE (well, maybe one) of the Tomorrowland attractions will be open for AM EMH.
Buzz Lightyear MAY be the one that's open. (They ALL used to be open, so this is a big change.)

ADDED to AM EMH are Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Haunted Mansion. These are the biggest, most-anticipated changes.
--------------------------

We will still have to wait until THIS Thursday AM (April 30) to see
if this list (or any list) is correct.
(And hope that there aren't any technical problems that keep some
of these attractions from opening.)

AND, we don't know if these changes will stay... or revert to the old list of AM EMH attractions... after Space Mountain comes back after refurb in mid-late November 2009.

Why did they change it. I was going to take my finince on buzz lighter that is right up his ally

Why did they change it. I was going to take my finince on buzz lighter that is right up his ally

Space Mountain and TTA are CLOSED for refurb.
Space was a MAJOR attraction for AM EMH.

Again, I don't know for SURE if Buzz and some of the other Tomorrowland attractions WON'T be open for AM EMH... but it looks unlikely for now.

BTW, if you like BUZZ (which WILL be open during MK regular hours, if not for AM EMH)
you'll love Toy Story Mania at DHS.
(TSM is an AM EMH attraction at DHS, too.)

OK, Cool. :thumbsup2 Thanks for the Answer!

The very FIRST day that they changed the MK AM EMH attractions was last Thursday.

There were some technical problems, so that SOME of the attractions that were SUPPOSED to be open for EMH were not.

So, here is what I have been able to piece together as to what SHOULD be available:

This is exactly what used to happen (before the new change) and it still continues.

Buzz Lightyear MAY be the one that's open. (They ALL used to be open, so this is a big change.)

ADDED to AM EMH are Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Haunted Mansion. These are the biggest, most-anticipated changes.

AND, we don't know if these changes will stay... or revert to the old list of AM EMH attractions... after Space Mountain comes back after refurb in mid-late November 2009.

We were there for the morning EMH last Thursday. Tomorrowland was roped off. Adventureland was open to walk through, but nothing was open. All the other stated rides were open. The biggest problem for us was that on BTMR they were only running one of the two tracks. Made the line much longer than it needed to be had they opened both tracks. Splash Mt had a very short line and we were able to get on it a few times with hardly any line at all.

Yep, Thursday morning was something to behold!! Got there for rope drop...which we don't normally do, especially for morning EMHs, but wanted to see how it was all working now.
Went right to BTMRR..rode it twice, got that back seat the first time!! Then we headed out to HM..but it was down, due to 'technical issues', so headed to Peter Pan's flight...down as well. We did get FPs for it though. Dumbo was down as well....lots of unhappy parents! Dd made me ride Snow White!!! Walked back to HM...still down. Headed over to PoC...and got on the first boat of the day. Back to HM...still down, so got some photos with Donald in Frontierland. At 10am, HM was still down, so headed to ToonTown, saw the princesses. Back to PP, and did that. We headed out by about 11. But I have to tell you...there were a ton of upset guests.

Is this change only for the summer or will it still be in affect in September?

Is this change only for the summer or will it still be in affect in September?

Nobody knows.

But Space Mtn. will still be in refurb then (until mid-Nov,,) so I wouldn't be surprised if things stay the way they are NOW, at least until Space comes back on-line.

Space Mountain and TTA are CLOSED for refurb.
Space was a MAJOR attraction for AM EMH.

Again, I don't know for SURE if Buzz and some of the other Tomorrowland attractions WON'T be open for AM EMH... but it looks unlikely for now.

BTW, if you like BUZZ (which WILL be open during MK regular hours, if not for AM EMH)
you'll love Toy Story Mania at DHS.
(TSM is an AM EMH attraction at DHS, too.)

Thank you he did have a blast on TSM we we went on that during NoJ

Has anyone been today to see what is open? I'm curious as to what rides will be included in EMH for MK. Are none of the Tomorrowland attractions included in EMH now?

Has anyone been today to see what is open? I'm curious as to what rides will be included in EMH for MK. Are none of the Tomorrowland attractions included in EMH now?

Today is a PM EMH.

Nothing has changed for the PM EMH attractions.

The Tomorrrowland attractions are included (except for Space Mtn. and TTA, which are in refurb.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter