Changes To Dining Plans May-June 2015

personally I can't see Disney restaurants checking too hard to see if all the people are on the plan if they let you order extra meals.

There are currently no price changes to any of the dining plans.

Biggest issue is that the DDP literature still says children must order from the child's menu. If this is the case, that will be OFFICIALLY true regarding ONLY the table service credits on the regular dining plan. Nothing was OFFICIAL before this except that children were supposed to order from the kids menu. They tried to enforce it by limiting the number of meals ordered to the number of persons on the plan, but that looks to be over.

I really like the flexibility of this new plan, (if it is official). It actually fits my dining needs much better than the old one. I did it once and was like, nope not again.

I have a value solo trip coming up in the fall. From the looks of it I think this plan would fit my style of eating (allergies, don't like dessert, don't drink much soda) since I could trade a dessert I'm allergic to/don't want for something else on the side which I would want (give me fries over cupcakes any day), and I could officially trade any meals I don't want/eat (I'll probably do at least one ADR OOP) for snacks which I'm more likely to eat.

I also think this will either save me some money or break even as the value I'm staying at probably won't discount (RO) as much as I'll pay OOP for food with out the plan. I think I figured out I'd tend to spend $80-$100 OOP for food and I don't think the RO will save me that much since POP does a smaller discount than the All Stars usually. I'll have to calculate when my dates come up for discounts.

There's still the mug I won't use more than once or twice maybe, but while I would never buy one again, getting it with the plan won't bother me as I'll use it for a travel cup back home.

personally I can't see Disney restaurants checking too hard to see if all the people are on the plan if they let you order extra meals.

There are currently no price changes to any of the dining plans.

Biggest issue is that the DDP literature still says children must order from the child's menu. If this is the case, that will be OFFICIALLY true regarding ONLY the table service credits on the regular dining plan. Nothing was OFFICIAL before this except that children were supposed to order from the kids menu. They tried to enforce it by limiting the number of meals ordered to the number of persons on the plan, but that looks to be over.

Yes! We never ordered meals for our kids off of the adult menu because it clearly stated in the pamphlet that children had to order kids meals. So this is a change for us and on my DD is greatly looking forward to!

Has anyone seen any official announcement from Disney as yet? I thought that was intended to happen today (4 June) and I was assuming the likes of Disney Parks Blog would pick it up?

Andre

I was watching for this announcement all day as well, but still have not seen anything come officially.

At this point I'm guessing the announcement isn't set for today. Hopefully they're just finalizing the new policies and brochures so the change goes smoothly...:rolleyes1

Am I reading this right? You can substitute any side for a non-alcoholic drink? So if you are not a soda drinker, you could now order a side and just get an ice water to drink?

Am I reading this right? You can substitute any side for a non-alcoholic drink? So if you are not a soda drinker, you could now order a side and just get an ice water to drink?
I was under that impression at first but ther have been so many interpretations that now I am not quite sure. We will have to wait until the announcement is officially made and then we will know for sure.

Even if you are a soda drinker, if you're at a resort, you could use the refillable mug and get a side instead of an extra beverage. That's if WDWMAGIC and others are correct. At this point, it is past when rumors said the changes would be official.

We will have to wait until the announcement is officially made and then we will know for sure.

It's a bit frustrating that Disney appears to have fully implemented this new modified system over the weekend across all of the participating locations, but they have still not got around to actually informing their guests what the new rules are.

I do know that the Port Orleans French Quarter gift shop converted so many Meal credits on Sunday that they very nearly ran out of Snack items though, so word must have got around somehow!

Andre

It's a bit frustrating that Disney appears to have fully implemented this new modified system over the weekend across all of the participating locations, but they have still not got around to actually informing their guests what the new rules are.

I do know that the Port Orleans French Quarter gift shop converted so many Meal credits on Sunday that they very nearly ran out of Snack items though, so word must have got around somehow!

Andre
It has got to be incredibly frustrating for those who have trips coming soon and are trying to decide whether to add or upgrade a dining plan!

I wonder if problems such as snacks running out is causing Disney to extend the "soft opening". In the past when people have reported converting leftover credits to snacks, some reported being told that they could not choose multiples of an item so as not to deplete the supply for other guests. Now that converting the credits will theoretically be policy rather than a courtesy, I doubt restrictions will go over well.

Hi-- new to WDW boards-- previous Disney cruiser going to WDW in sept.. not sure what this "new change" means...
"Those guests on either the Deluxe, the Premium, of the Platinum Dining Plans will now be able to mix their adult and child credits. This means that if a guest on the dining plan has two adults and two child meal entitlements, they may choose to select four adult entree options, if they would like."
my question is as follows. we are on the deluxe dining plan.. me, DW & DD5, I know that some restaurants use 2 dining credits ( ie California Grill @ Contemporary) i know that means i use two dining credits EACH for me & DW, but what about DD? sounds like under the "old plan" she would only be charged for 1 dining credit, but now ( under new plan) she would be charged for 2?? I'm confused.. any help is appreciated.. trying to figure out our options.. thx bob

Hi-- new to WDW boards-- previous Disney cruiser going to WDW in sept.. not sure what this "new change" means...
"Those guests on either the Deluxe, the Premium, of the Platinum Dining Plans will now be able to mix their adult and child credits. This means that if a guest on the dining plan has two adults and two child meal entitlements, they may choose to select four adult entree options, if they would like."
my question is as follows. we are on the deluxe dining plan.. me, DW & DD5, I know that some restaurants use 2 dining credits ( ie California Grill @ Contemporary) i know that means i use two dining credits EACH for me & DW, but what about DD? sounds like under the "old plan" she would only be charged for 1 dining credit, but now ( under new plan) she would be charged for 2?? I'm confused.. any help is appreciated.. trying to figure out our options.. thx bob
No, with the old plan OR the potential new changes, signatures are two credits for everyone on regular or deluxe plans. The potential change is that you would be able to order an adult meal for your daughter. Alternatively, you could pay OOP for your daughter's meal and use those two credits elsewhere for her or for you adults.

No, with the old plan OR the potential new changes, signatures are two credits for everyone on regular or deluxe plans. The potential change is that you would be able to order an adult meal for your daughter. Alternatively, you could pay OOP for your daughter's meal and use those two credits elsewhere for her or for you adults.

Thanks for the clarification--got it!!
bob

Anyone know if changes are official in the parks? We have BOG lunch reservations for Sunday and want to preorder adult meals for our two children. Otherwise they will just get cupcakes using snack credits. It would be kind rude for us to chow down on cupcakes when they eat kids meal cookies o_O

Anyone know if changes are official in the parks? We have BOG lunch reservations for Sunday and want to preorder adult meals for our two children. Otherwise they will just get cupcakes using snack credits. It would be kind rude for us to chow down on cupcakes when they eat kids meal cookies o_O

Nothing official yet... when it does go official, these forums are bound to reflect it inside 10 minutes. :)

When it says you can trade a QS credit for 3 snacks, but not at kiosks-- I'm confused as to what constitutes a kiosk. For example, could we use a QS meal credit to get 3 dole whips?
Or a QS meal credit for 3 funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify if these are considered kiosks or not!

When it says you can trade a QS credit for 3 snacks, but not at kiosks-- I'm confused as to what constitutes a kiosk. For example, could we use a QS meal credit to get 3 dole whips?
Or a QS meal credit for 3 funnel cakes at Sleepy Hollow?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify if these are considered kiosks or not!
What I think they mean by kiosks is places that don't redeem QS credits already. FoR example, F&W booths and the dole whip kiosk would be out since they don't offer QS meals and their POS terminals will not be able to convert them. Not sure about Sleepy Hollow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter