Changes to Character Palooza for Summer 2013

kennythepirate

The original Character Locator
After Hollywood Studios chose to remove the Pixar Countdown to Fun Parade and Disney Channel Rocks from it's entertainment offerings, the schedules for Character Palooza were changed dramatically. It's left people wondering when and where the character free-for-all of rare characters will take place.

Here's the new rules:

On a night when TWO Fantasmics are performed, Character Palooza will take place only at 6:00 pm on Streets of America

On a night when ONE Fantasmic is performed, Character Palooza will take place at 4:30 pm at Echo Lake & 5:30 pm at Streets of America

When there is no Fantasmic scheduled, there will be no Character Palooza.

Given the current park schedule at Hollywood Studios, it would mean that Character Palooza or “Pop-up Surprise” as some Cast Members refer to it, will only appear ONCE per night at 6:00 pm on the Streets of America now through August 20th.

Here's the description of Character Palooza that is posted on the top left of the blog. It contains a list of characters you might find.

Happy Character Locating!

After Hollywood Studios chose to remove the Pixar Countdown to Fun Parade and Disney Channel Rocks from it's entertainment offerings, the schedules for Character Palooza were changed dramatically. It's left people wondering when and where the character free-for-all of rare characters will take place.

Here's the new rules:

On a night when TWO Fantasmics are performed, Character Palooza will take place only at 6:00 pm on Streets of America

On a night when ONE Fantasmic is performed, Character Palooza will take place at 4:30 pm at Echo Lake & 5:30 pm at Streets of America

When there is no Fantasmic scheduled, there will be no Character Palooza.

Given the current park schedule at Hollywood Studios, it would mean that Character Palooza or “Pop-up Surprise” as some Cast Members refer to it, will only appear ONCE per night at 6:00 pm on the Streets of America now through August 20th.

Here's the description of Character Palooza that is posted on the top left of the blog. It contains a list of characters you might find.

Happy Character Locating!

I know the heading is summer 2013 but trying to get a jump on fall planning. What happens in the fall when Fantasmic is at 6PM?

Definitely a sea change from what the pattern has been in recent years. Hopefully this will help all of us interested in catching Characterpalooza over the next few months.

Thanks for the great info!

Thanks for the update. We got in 2 weeks and we want to check it out! Unfortunately I think we will always miss it since we will be at dinner :sad2:

First off, Thanks Kenny. Second, where on Streets of America? I'm not as familiar with DHS as I am with the other parks so I kinda need some land marks

Thanks so much for the info! We'll be at DHS tomorrow so we'll check it out.

First off, Thanks Kenny. Second, where on Streets of America? I'm not as familiar with DHS as I am with the other parks so I kinda need some land marks

Characters usually appear from the Lights, Motors, Action area and often find a base of meets in the San Francisco Street area because it's shady there in the afternoon. They'll be pretty obvious to those looking to locate them.

This was a big help as we were in HS today. We were able to meet several characters in about 10-15 minutes.

Kenny has this posted on his website:

"Character Palooza will not be presented from November 3, 2013 to March 8, 2014."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter