Changes to Celebration buttons.

Odd - Why merge the marriage and anniversary with "Happily Ever After"? You can kinda, sorta, merge anniversary with happily ever after but that sounds kinda macabre (You're married and that's the end of your life... Which is sorta true for some I guess... :D ) But "Just Married" is a whole different celebration.

If it's cost cutting why not just make all buttons "celebrating" and have the CM write down the celebration reason.

At the very least I hope the new buttons hold the ink better. :D

I don't like the merging of marriage and anniversary at all. Everything else is cosmetic and I don't really prefer one design over the other except for the birthday buttons. Definitely prefer the new birthday style.

I like the new designs a lot, but I agree that "Just Married" and "Happy Anniversary" should be separate. There really is no need for "Happily Ever After" at all.

It looks like the Celebrating button has more room to write on it now:thumbsup2

My ticket booths have been out of the just engaged/married buttons for months, and anniversary ones for almost as long, so I've been handing out Happily Ever After anyway. :confused3

Aw, that is sad they are merging the buttons. We got engaged there and got the button.(DL) Then we went for part of our honeymoon. So that really stinks for those that do it all there! I do like the new images on them though. Can't wait to get my first DW visit next month though. Yay!

I like the new designs a lot, but I agree that "Just Married" and "Happy Anniversary" should be separate. There really is no need for "Happily Ever After" at all.
I agree with this. Not sure why there was ever a "Happily Ever After" button, anyway. Seemed "Just Married" and "Happy Anniversary" covered it. I guess maybe for those who got engaged there. Just not a fan of them all getting roped together into one button.

Characters are missing from the Happily Ever After button.

They have the double Mickey head. Classy and classic.

I like the point made in the comments that removing the characters from that means that ALL couples can use them without feeling awkward or dealing with insensitive comments like "Yeah... who's Mickey and who's Minnie?" or "Yeah... so who's the Prince and who's the Princess?" Couples with two Princes or two Princesses (or two Mickeys or two Minnies) can be comfortable wearing them.

I like that the buttons are more inclusive. I do wish they separated anniversary from just married. Anniversaries happen every year and I don't want to steal the thunder from a couple just married. We actually wore the anniversary buttons for our 10 year celebratory trip but we didn't bother noting it when we went for our 12 year. We felt very special on our ten year trip.

I do like the design of the "happily" but wish they still separated the Just married/anniversary as well. I do like the new designs though.

Any idea when the new ones will become available?
I will be there next week for a birthday celebration

Notice that the Happily Ever After just has two Mickey balloons now instead of a prince and princess or Mickey and Minnie? Maybe they're trying to be more inclusive. :-)

That is exactly what I was thinking. Our Just Married button from our honeymoon in 2009 has Cinderella and Prince Charming. So, perfect for a heterosexual couple, but not for EVERY couple who get married.

And, the Happy Anniversary had Mickey and Minnie.

I'm really going to miss not getting the original Happily Ever After button on our honeymoon. It's so pretty!! Happy they are being more inclusive but I think they could have made the new one a little more.... Fantastical? Fantasy-ish?

And I agree, happy anniversary should be separate from Just Married. Oh well, that's what personalized t-shirts are for. Lol

I agree with this. Not sure why there was ever a "Happily Ever After" button, anyway. Seemed "Just Married" and "Happy Anniversary" covered it. I guess maybe for those who got engaged there. Just not a fan of them all getting roped together into one button.

I agree. It seems the "Just Married" one should be extra special. I really liked the design of the old "Happy Anniversary" one. It's not a huge deal to me but the only one I see as an improvement is the "I'm Celebrating" one.

I am sure this is a dumb question. I never saw a "Happily Ever After" button. Why would you get that button instead of "Happy Anniversary", or "Just Married" button? I guess I can see the reason for it now, but I really never saw one.

"Walt Disney World is now urging guests to obtain theirs at retail locations rather than wait in a line at guest relations."
Are they still free or do you need to pay for them now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter