Changes in Buffet (one trip only) on DDP????

klinkprincesses

Earning My Ears
I just got an emailed confirmation for my dinner reservations. In it I noticed that it read that if the dinner is a buffet (mine is at Biergarten) the DDP inclueds ONE MEAL, not ALL-YOU-CARE-TO-EAT, in which you would be charged the full price of the meal. When we last went in 2007, I know this was not the case. My husband loves Biergarten and would definitely want a second trip to the buffet! Does anyone know the details on this? Is this a new rule and is it actually enforced? I'm really discouraged if this is the case.

I just got an emailed confirmation for my dinner reservations. In it I noticed that it read that if the dinner is a buffet (mine is at Biergarten) the DDP inclueds ONE MEAL, not ALL-YOU-CARE-TO-EAT, in which you would be charged the full price of the meal. When we last went in 2007, I know this was not the case. My husband loves Biergarten and would definitely want a second trip to the buffet! Does anyone know the details on this? Is this a new rule and is it actually enforced? I'm really discouraged if this is the case.

Could you copy and paste what you got? I just made an ADR for there a few days ago and don't see what you are referring to.

No, I never heard of that.. It is a buffet. Meaning. You go up as many times. As you want.
Ok, I just read what it says that. Within my Boma Ressie. But, I can assure you. That is not the case.

No, I never heard of that.. It is a buffet. Meaning. You go up as many times. As you want.
Ok, I just read what it says that. Within my Boma Ressie. But, I can assure you. That is not the case .

Disney is constantly chaning their dining policy. I wouldn't bet my mouse ears. (that the number of trips allowed hasn't changed)

IF they do only allow one trip, then they are promoting a huge waste. Think how many people will pile on as much as they can on a plate thinking they might want it so they might was well get it on their one trip. I think Disney would see a higher food usage by doing this. If someone knows they can go up as many times as they want, I think they are less likely to get all they think they can eat. Many times, I'll get my plate thinking I'll want more but I'll just go back. So many of the times, I end up eating only that plate.

I'll be surprised if they did change to this policy. But, I have been surprised before :)

maybe "one meal" means you can eat one all-you-can-eat meal but that you can't come back...say 5 hours later... and eat again

They probably meant to word it so it means all you can eat at on time at the resturant. Im sure there has been some wise person try come back later and hit the buffet again.

Even if this is a new policy I can't really seeing this get enforced. Can you imagine all the refunds the actual paying guests would demand.

yeah, how would they enforce this?
They would have to have extra CM's to watch you and your plate so you don't come back up and then confront you if you tried to get something.
They would spend more money paying staff for this.

I would think that if they wanted to put some limitations on it, they would do a family style setting and serve a tray of preplated food to each table like they do at some other restaurants. Or reduce the selection and quality of food on the buffet like they are doing as well.
Who ever heard of a one-trip buffet? your plate would look like a pig's dinner.
Not to mention the revolution it would cause.
I think they have enough problems to deal with since they changed the MYO snacks at Goofy's and the confusion once you wait forever to have the treat made now that they don't cover most of them.

No, you must be misunderstanding it or Disney may have it worded in a confusing way.

All you can eat = all you can eat

I'm new to these boards, but is this just someone trying to start rumors or start confusion? (don't know if that happens intentionally very often around here.)

Biergarten is a buffet restaurant. It's all you care to eat for all customers, dining plan or no dining plan. No, they are not going to limit you to one trip to the buffet if you are on the dining plan. The notification you recieved is likely just poorly worded.

No, wait this is on my email confirmations as well. She is'nt making this up.
It does say no all you care to eat, I may have to call Disney. This does look really bad.

Yes but then how do they determine who is on the ddp and who isn't? Do OOP people get to go up as many times as they want?
And if I remember right the wait staff only knew at the end whether or not you were using TS credits.

I too think there is some type of miscommunication here.

It may be but I am going to call Disney today when I get a chance.(Unless someone else does first and post a response.) But all of my TS meals are buffet and they all say this on the email. Somethings has gotta give.

No, wait this is on my email confirmations as well. She is'nt making this up.
It does say no all you care to eat, I may have to call Disney. This does look really bad.

Hmmm, this is very interesting! Waiting for someone to call and post. popcorn::

(I'm not on the dining plan or I would call myself)

it is on mine too, and mine is not a buffet ressy, but at the top it says they can 'accommodate Kosher needs ' so I think they mean no all u can eat of the kosher meals.

"Most Walt Disney World Resort table-service restaurants that accept advance reservations can accommodate Kosher needs if requested at least 24 hours in advance by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call. A credit card is required to guarantee this meal; the full price of ordered meals will be charged if you cancel within one day of the reservation or are a "no show" for the reservation. At family-style or buffet locations, you will only receive one meal; does not include all-you-care-to-eat. You will be charged the regular buffet or all-you-care-to-eat price. "

it is on mine too, and mine is not a buffet ressy, but at the top it says they can 'accommodate Kosher needs ' so I think they mean no all u can eat of the kosher meals.

"Most Walt Disney World Resort table-service restaurants that accept advance reservations can accommodate Kosher needs if requested at least 24 hours in advance by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call. A credit card is required to guarantee this meal; the full price of ordered meals will be charged if you cancel within one day of the reservation or are a "no show" for the reservation. At family-style or buffet locations, you will only receive one meal; does not include all-you-care-to-eat. You will be charged the regular buffet or all-you-care-to-eat price. "

D'oh! You're absolutely right. It does refer to Kosher meals. You cleared it up :)

Who ever heard of a one-trip buffet?

Years ago we ate at a buffet in the Opryland Hotel where you paid up front, went through the buffet line and exited the area into a dining area and were not allowed to return to the buffet. They would have to redesign to accomplish this at WDW, but it could be done. I don't believe this one plate stuff for an instant, though. They know they would be crucified here, on other sites, and in guide books if they tried to pull that.

This topic comes up every now and then and usually by someone who has requested a special diet.
I have not seen the wording or how it is worded, but I believe what is written is for those who require a specially prepared meal while dining at a buffet restaurant. (Although maybe it is on my ADRs too and I have not bothered reading it. ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter