Changed resorts and could use a hug

hockey mom

<font color=coral>Loves to do the Napkin Dance at
Long story but this upcoming trip I am paying for rooms for 3 families. Best and cheapest bet-Skyauction. Started tp panick when my dates were not showing so made a back-up at POP. Managed to get one condo at OLCC but could not get another so resigned myself to the fact that we would not be at the same place. If we can't be together than I am staying on-site. So got up early last week and got an AP rate for POFQ which I was ecstatic about. Well yesterday my dates came up for the very cheap Ready set go auctions and I could not justify the $950 US difference so I swithched. One family is at Silver lake and the other 2 at OLCC. I am a little-no alot disappointed at not staying on site but $950 would sure buy alot of souvineers.
Tell me guys what would you have done?

I would have done the same thing :p $950 is a lot of money and you're absolutely right, it will buy a lot of souveniers ... or you could always put it towards your next Disney trip! Maybe, if your schedule allows, you could spend a day touring the resorts ... maybe make a PS at one of the restaurants there.

:hug: As long as you have a great time on your trip, it doesn't matter where you stay!

$950 will go along way towards DVC! or your next trip. I would have done the same.:grouphug:

Ah, hun, I can feel your disappointment through the computer. Here's the :hug: that you asked for. And now a few comments.

• You're going to DisneyWorld!
  • You're going to be with your family!
  • You're going to be with those you love!
  • You'll get to save MONEY!
  • You'll be in the sunshine!
    oh, did I mention. . . .
  • You're going to DisneyWorld!
    and. . . .
  • You WILL have a WONDERFUL time!

Go, enjoy the condo, enjoy your family, enjoy the savings, (heck, enjoy the fact that you even got the POFQ discount;) , lots didn't lol ) but most of all ENJOY!

You WILL you know!

Thanks everyone -that makes me feel better.
Bunnyfoo and Wendy- putting some towards our next trip is exactly what DH said. We would like to stay at the poly with just our family.

Debbie- you hit the nail on the head. I am going to Disney and that is good enough.

I love this board!

Hockey Mom I feel your pain that is why I am sending you a big hug from Lisa and the girls I know it will be allright mind you having said that I find any reason I can to justify staying on site can't justify staying off property. Mind you with DVC we don't have to but even before we got DVC we would always stay onsite even if we had to sacrifice souveniers etc it was aftert all for the greater good of our sanity hehehe

:grouphug:

It may look like a dissapointment, but remember, you are still going! And now you have money for another trip at a Deluxe! Or as Wendy mentioned, downpayment for DVC!LOL

Scratch
pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter