Changed from Free Dining code to ZJZ and it was less$$!!

MBELSANTI

Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!
I originally booked the free dining from 8/26-9/1 with 10 day no expire/hopper/water parks & more plus had to add a room only ressie for 8/25 which came to a total of $2908.65. Now mind you, no dining included with first night. I called just now and booked same exact package, but including dining the first night for only $2863.92. There is only a $44.73 savings, but I also get dining for the first day so essentially that is a $124.71 savings off of my original package! :cool1: It may not be a lot to some, but I look at it as extra souvinier money!!:dance3:

You have a no expiration/hopper/waterpark & more ticket for 10 days included in your 7 night package? :thumbsup2 We are booked for aug 30 - sept. 8 with just water park fun & more. Although there is a two night difference in our stay, there is only a $381 difference between our stay and we have a 9 day, water park & more, no hopper and no non-expiration. We, too, are staying at WL. I called this morning to check if the zjz would make it less and it added $400 to our price :confused3 .

You have a no expiration/hopper/waterpark & more ticket for 10 days included in your 7 night package? :thumbsup2 We are booked for aug 30 - sept. 8 with just water park fun & more. Although there is a two night difference in our stay, there is only a $381 difference between our stay and we have a 9 day, water park & more, no hopper and no non-expiration. We, too, are staying at WL. I called this morning to check if the zjz would make it less and it added $400 to our price :confused3 .

My ressies were both for Woods View rooms (the standard room wasn't available) and it is just for myself and DS-10. Your are probably saving more with Free dining because you have 4 ppl in your room. I only have 2. So dining would be about $80 per day for us, so it is better for us to pay for dining and get savings off the room cost. For your family of four, it is cheaper for you to take free dining.

You're right. I forgot about the amount of people. I kept say, "what am I doing wrong?" When I called to upgrade to no expiration, it added $600 to our total :scared1: . We'll see how many days we have left. Enjoy your trip and we'll see ya at the lodge.:)

Can someone explain to me how this works? We are a family of 5 booked at POR from 8/26-9/1 but also checking in on 8/25 for one night room only. Would this code be something that would save us money? We got 7 day park hopper passes w/ our package and the free dining. What do I say when I call? Thanks for any help!!

Forget it....I just read the above post and realized free dining would be cheaper for us because we have so many people:)

Forget it....I just read the above post and realized free dining would be cheaper for us because we have so many people:)

You may want to use code BUL on that room only night. It is the code for room only discount and I think it's around $50 savings on moderate.

Hey - thanks!! I saved a whopping $13:) I had the AAA rate but this was even better.....$13 will pay for one of our mugs:) thanks again:goodvibes

I will be staying at the Wilderness Resort bunkbed woodland view 4 nights.2 adults 2 children 5 day hopper pass and dining for $1585. using this new code. Our original reservation was for POFQ standard room free dining for 1550. I am so happy to be at the WL for only 35 dollars more. AAA was not able to figure the best code though.

If you are in a Deluxe resort with one or two people and get a good room discount, that room discount will be more than the cost of the dining plan. One person in a Moderate resort will also do better with the current discount than Free Dining.

If you have four or more people in a Deluxe, or two or more in a Moderate, or anyone in a Value though, Free Dining is the best deal.

Thats what we did....re booked using the new codes...were at WL CY view...spent a bit more but got a great deal at YC!!

I did read the code would work better for singles/couples...its jsut us and the baby this trip so it did:)

a friend at work is going to wdw in dec. 15-21, 2007. she is looking for free dining for her family for those dates. where do i go to see if free dining is available for these dates.
thank you in advance,
daniel475

Those that posted that the ZJZ code is a better deal when we are talking about 2 ppl in a deluxe are correct. It makes me wish I stuck with the 40% off code that I got back in Feb when I originally booked trip for a stay at POP. Then when the free dining came out I switched to that and then ended up upgrading to WL. Nothing would have beat the 40% off WL rates! Oh well, live and learn!

i was thinking of changing mom's ressie, we are booked as a grand gathering/free dining she had to pay rack rate to get this promo.
since she is the only one in the room (mod resort), she just might make
out with one of these new codes that are out.

I will call tomorrow and see what we can do, the codes that have been posted on this post are they open to the general public???

thanks

a friend at work is going to wdw in dec. 15-21, 2007. she is looking for free dining for her family for those dates. where do i go to see if free dining is available for these dates.
thank you in advance,
daniel475

The free dining offer is not available in Dec, it generally is only offered in late August through September. This year the offer was for 8/26-9/22, the trip had to be booked by June 24th

i was thinking of changing mom's ressie, we are booked as a grand gathering/free dining she had to pay rack rate to get this promo.
since she is the only one in the room (mod resort), she just might make
out with one of these new codes that are out.

I will call tomorrow and see what we can do, the codes that have been posted on this post are they open to the general public???

thanks

In most cases, the discount will only be better if you are staying at one of the deluxes. Right now your mom is paying approx. $150/nt and it includes dining. With the codes, I think the mods are $104 + tax, then add the DDP which is approx. $39/nt...and it's kind of a wash.

I had reservations at the Poly from 8/24 to 8/26 with one day one park tickets and then from 8/26 until 9/2 with 8 day park hoppers (that part with free dining) for 2 adults, a 10 year old and 2 younger kids.

I just switched my reservation to one continuous one with the ZJZ code from 8/24 through 9/2 with 10 day park hoppers plus water fun and dining and am saving $60. I'm thrilled that I only have one reservation now, rather than having to check in and check out again, and that we have 10 day park hoppers rather than only one day one park tickets in the beginning.

Thanks to everyone here for all the great information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter