• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changed flights, dates now I'm nervous!

Singinglizzie

DIS Veteran
Ok, I've been posting about wanting to change my dates, not finding room at the inn, etc., and over the weekend the reward flights I've been eyeing (using FF miles) came up, and our room dates opened up, so on Monday I switched over. The new change involves an exta night and an extra day at the park :cool1: , but with an extra $500 pricetag. Any future air changes will cost $150 x2, so these are now "THE" dates. Instead of feeling excited I am now nervous about the extra time and expense, like what was I thinking? Anyone else feeling Disney buyer's remorse? I have spent so much time Disney dreaming and planning, that I should be moving on to the next thing to do, but instead here I am typing this up, with that "pit" in my stomach feeling. Maybe I feel this way because I gave into my emotions, but probably and more honestly is that I have to fiugre out how to pay for the trip:scared1:. Well the deed is done, I just hope January comes quickly, then I can move on from this obsession:rotfl2:. There, I've come clean, now I feel better.

Not sure I would describe it as remorse, but we definitely have experienced some anxiety and stress over the last few days, especially last night. Back in April of this year we were able to book a flight for Dec 4-12. We were out of the country at the time and only when coming back in July did we start to investigate our Disney options. I was a bit shocked to find it so hard to get rooms for those dates but have since learned about Pop Warner week. So we have been trying to change that and our CAA agent was able to book us a package for Dec 14-22. Now it was up to us to try and change our flight to match that and this proved to be challenging, but last night we got the right agent on the phone and we were able to do it. :yay: My wife said her heart was racing as we tried to get all of this done - we had made two previous calls with no success and at one point this past weekend the online booking showed that our flight option for return had gone way up in price, but it came back down.

I just joined the board this morning, but had been checking out this site for the past week or so as we investigated our options. Looking forward to seeing more and being a part of the discussions.

I totally understand that feeling. You are not alone.:) It is normal to obsess about DW planning decisions. And wouldn't it be a whole lot less fun if we all made only rational, non-emotional Disney planning decisions! (Not to mention Disney would be broke.)

Sounds like you have exactly the right attitude: keep moving forward. There must be dozens, scores, nay -- hundreds of other details to dwell on that are much more fun! Have agreat trip. :banana:

I hear you. We just returned from our anniversary vacation and I originally booked the POFQ but after go back and forth we changed to the Poly for a big chunk of change. I kept feeling guilty for making the change and spending the extra $$. It all worked out, we had a great time and I have always wanted to stay at the Poly.

Don't sweat it. You will have a good time and just enjoy your vacation.

Thanks for the encouragement. I was actually panicking when I wrote the post, and have calmed down a bit. Well, the die is cast, so got to make the most of it, I just have to figure out a way to come up with some $$$ by then:scared1:

Don't fret...you are not the only one. I panic every trip to Disney. Should we spending this money with two boys in college? Should we be doing something that needs to be done at home instead, like new carpet? We all go through it and, in the end, most of us pick Disney and live with our choice. You'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter