Changed Browser and Booking Went Right Through!

indylaw99

Disney-loving Mom!
I don't know if I had some bad cookies stored in my Chrome or what, but I have been finding it slow to search the cruises. I thought the system was just overloaded when I tried to book as Platinum this morning and it kept spinning. But I opened up Edge to try a different browser and it searched and let me book immediately!!

Just in case anyone else is having the same booking issues I had.

I don't know if I had some bad cookies stored in my Chrome or what, but I have been finding it slow to search the cruises. I thought the system was just overloaded when I tried to book as Platinum this morning and it kept spinning. But I opened up Edge to try a different browser and it searched and let me book immediately!!

What time did the booking window open? I thought it opened at 8am ET for platinum today but it sounds like you booked earlier than that?

I'm not sure when it opened, but it was definitely before 8. I think I tried to log on around 7:40 and there was already a little banner at the top after I logged in that said "Welcome back, Tricia! As a Platinum Castaway Club Member, you can now book our new Disney Treasure Itineraries." It was right above the search box. And sure enough, when I did a search, it let me book.

[for the techies] does this mean that access to these bookings is controlled by a client-side cookie?

We are platinum. I have tried multiple browsers and multiple networks but still get 'coming soon'.

Disney IT is such complete garbage.

I haven't tried booking a cruise, but I've had problems with the Disney website being slow or not loading in Chrome for a few years now. I just open an incognito window and it works fine. It's annoying.

I tried booking via Safari this morning. I got all the way through to pay the deposit, and the website rejected my credit card. The website also rejected my card when I did check-in for an upcoming cruise. I had to call and reserve over the phone, and there was no issue with that same card.

I've always thought Disney IT doesn't like Safari. Hope they straighten that out when Apple buys Disney....

I almost always use a private window for booking, check-in, etc. Then you don't have to worry about cookies at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter