Change your use year

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by weich1001, Apr 27, 2014.

1. weich1001

weich1001 Wendi

Is there anyway to change your use year? Other than to sell off the points and completely re-purchase now what I really need...

My current use April..which means I can't travel outside of Disney January thru April.

I'm now finding as things change in my life, traveling in February or March or April may make more sense.

If I add on more points than I currently have, with a different month...would that change the use year?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

UY can't be changed without selling and purchasing a contract with the desired UY.

You can travel outside of the DVC system during the last 4 months of your UY, you just have to make the reservation during the first 8 months.

4. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Traveling outside of Disney is usually less expensive if you do not use points. You might want to consider other ways to do so instead of changing your UY.

:earsboy: Bill

5. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Your "rule of 4" would be 12/1 - 3/31, not January thru April. You would have to make the reservation before 12/1. Your banking deadline is 11/30.