Change to Waitlist Expiration Date question

DISnutCpl

Earning My Ears
With an existing waitlist, if you change the expiration date from 31 days to 7 days, does that put you back to the bottom of the list, or do you maintain your place "in line?"

You definitely maintain your place in line and it does not become a new waitlist :). It just changes the parameters of your window.

If you are nervous about it, you can have MS make the change over the phone and specify whether you want any current bookings cancelled if it comes through.

With an existing waitlist, if you change the expiration date from 31 days to 7 days, does that put you back to the bottom of the list, or do you maintain your place "in line?"
This is about the only thing on a waitlist you can change that won't affect your position. You can do this yourself on-line.

It is correct that when you change your W/L from 31 days out to 7 days out it simply extends your W/L. It does NOT change your "place" in line unless you cancelled that W/L first. I've done it many, many times. Both online and via MS. When I KNOW I want what I'm wait listed for, like when I have an alternate rez that is set up to be cancelled if the W/L comes through (LOVE that feature!), I will just set it up to last until 7 days pre checkin right from when I get on the W/L. Once you are 7 days out the only thing you can do is keep checking inventory either online or by calling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter