Change to the Poly from WL

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Okay here is the deal

We have a Res. at the WL for Jan 20th - 29th at a good AP rate. My wife and I have been talking and I think that we may switch to the Poly. I can get a room Garden View for about $230 a night. I want to see the WL but we camp allot, and live surrounded by big Pine trees and Hardwood trees int he North East not far form the mountains, we really would like a more tropical setting, and going with the 6yr we will be spending the most time at the MK so the monorail will be great for us.

Is there anything I should know about the Poly before making the change official?

Thanks in Advance Dave

Well...I remembered you were going to be at the WL the same time as us. We also have just one child...a DD6, too! I was planning on looking for you, if you were going to be wearing something lime green.

I can understand what you are saying, even though I am such a huge WL fan...the reason why I love it so much is I am a native floridian...so I love the woods and lodge feel. I can see where you might like the Poly better. And the monorail access is a wonderful thing! I have never stayed at the Poly, but I am sure you will love it!

Thanks Wildernesslodgelover

It is kind of a splurge but first real vacation in 7 yrs, (meaning not in sleeping bags) and it will be our 11th ann. while there so it will be a special time for us.

Hope you enjoy your trip and you may still see us, I plan ongoing to WCC a couple of times.

Dave

We also live in the woods of New England, and are excited about the change of environment. Have a great time at the Poly! :flower1:

The rooms are also a lot larger at the Polynesian, too. You'll be spoiled by the great transportation. Have fun! :Pinkbounc -Steph

I just did a post the other day about my stay there. Here's a link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=703294

Don't forget to check Tikiman's site if you haven't done so already.

We live in South Florida so I don't like going to CBR because I see beach stuff all the time. I understand why you wouldn't want the WL. :D

I support your decision... the Poly's the best!!! It's well worth it and I know you will have a great time! :flower1:

mariamouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter