• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Change the Mac&Cheese!

GatorChris

Not of This World
Are my kids the only kids that go to DL and hate the Mac&Cheese there? When we're at home, they love the cheap stuff in the box (which is more than I can say for me). When we order the M&C, I'll try it and I really like it, but my kids hate it. They won't eat. We even brought along my nephews and nieces and all they could say is "What's wrong with this stuff".

I'm all in for Disney just going with basic Kraft. Anyone else come across this same problem?

Not my DD. She is super picky about her M&C...can't be too fancy. She loves Kraft, but she also loves the M&C at DLR. She eats it every trip.

I don't see much difference between Kraft (which is changing anyway) and what they have at DL.

But I'm in favor of them going to proper macaroni with actual cheese. So I'm voting opposite from you. :)

The Mac and Cheese at most Disneyland restaurants is Stouffer's. None of my group has had a problem with it. Most prefer the Truffled M&C at Steakhouse though....

My oldest loves the Mac & Cheese at Disney parks. She won't eat Kraft anymore unless she's desperate. Yet, my youngest doesn't like Disney's Mac & Cheese. And my middle DD doesn't have a preference. I suppose it all depends on the kid. And if Disney is selling plenty of it, which I suspect they are, I doubt they're going to change it. But I agree that an adult version with real cheese would be awesome.

For years Disneyland had a sponsorship agreement with Stouffer's. Even though their name is not on a park restaurant anymore I imagine there is still some deal in place. At least you know what you're getting whenever you order it, and if your kids won't eat Stouffer's you have the option to order something else or reserve a room where you can make them Kraft.

Yeah. My kids hate it and always have. They hated it it at 4 and they still hate it at 12 and 15. I must admit that I think it's disgusting slop myself :crazy2::rolleyes1

Sorry OP, my daughter loves the mac and cheese at Disney (and to be perfectly honest, so do her parents). Intellectually, I appreciate that it's nothing more than bulk product produced in large vats somewhere, but it just tastes so much better at the parks and on a Disney cruise.

I didn't know the Mac and Cheese was stouffers! I love that stuff. Can big kids order a big portion?

I figured it was Stouffer's from looking at pics.

I remember in my college days, people raved about a local chains M&C...it was just Stouffer's put in a single-size crock and topped with cheese and thrown in a broiler to create a crust.

ooooh man I hear you! My kid HATES the mac and cheese at Disney! Which, sadly, eliminates about 1/2 the restaurants for us because "home" mac and cheese make up the trifecta of foods he will actually eat: mac and cheese, pizza and grilled cheese.

Yes! My kids hate it, too! I wish it weren't the most common offer for the toddler meal. I'm finding it a little hard to feed my 1yr while there. Add the fact that the fruit (apples) and the veggie (carrots) sides cannot be eaten without teeth, and we have issues. We're AP holders and go about once a month. I'm finding the food to be our biggest challenge on our recent trips.

I figured it was probably Stouffer's. Tastes exactly like it. My kids like it but like Kraft as well. You may disagree but I think the longer you let Kraft Mac and Cheese sit around the nastier it becomes. I really like Kraft as well but I usually have to eat it right after it's cooked. It gets mushy after sitting there and I don't think it would work for making and serving in bulk like in the parks.

My son is crazy about it.
But I understand how kids are. They see M&C and expect a certain taste and consistency to this comfort food. When it's different, evn if better, it just doesn't measure up to their expectations.
I've often wondered why they don't just use Kraft but then maybe it would be more recognizable and they couldn't charge so much for it.

Kids are hilarious! The only mac n cheese my kid used to eat was at Nordstrom's café. Never mind that it seemed to be identical to Kraft, or whatever. She wouldn't eat it if we made it for her at home. She took to calling her fave "store cheese." When they changed it to something far superior, IMO, my kid wanted nothing to do w/ it. I jokingly told the server that my kid will never eat mac n cheese again. And she hasn't. :laughing:

Both of my older girls like the Mac & cheese at Disney (and the 10 year old isn't the biggest Mac and cheese fan in general). My middle child actually asks me for it at home. I may have to buy her Stouffers for a treat sometime. :)

Yes! My kids hate it, too! I wish it weren't the most common offer for the toddler meal. I'm finding it a little hard to feed my 1yr while there. Add the fact that the fruit (apples) and the veggie (carrots) sides cannot be eaten without teeth, and we have issues. We're AP holders and go about once a month. I'm finding the food to be our biggest challenge on our recent trips.

The toddler Mac and cheese meal actually comes with applesauce. My 15 month old is allergic to dairy and egg, so Mac and cheese is out for her. However, we will sometimes order two Mac and cheese toddler meals for her older sister and give her the applesauce and water from one of them. Most of the time, I just bring something for her (she loves the fruit and veggies pouches,I suspect partially because she sees her older sisters eating them, too) or I share the beans and rice from Cocina Cucamonga with her. We had a less than stellar allergy dining experience at Rancho deal Zocalo, so we don't eat there, but I'm pretty sure they offer two toddler meals there - one with chicken and rice and the other with beans and rice (both are served with applesauce and your choice of beverage).

I would prefer them to do real mac n cheese. Didn't they used to have Kraft? Or was that another park? Regardless, the toddler mac n cheese is just gross. We're at the point with our 18 month olds where we don't even mess with it. We just order them a normal kid's meal or an adult pasta dish and split it. Most of the food "for kids" at Disneyland is so bland. Maybe we're a weird family. Our kids will certainly eat bland food, but we have been giving them real Mexican/Italian/etc. since they were able to chew, so it's disappointing to us to see lack of flavor in the kid choices.

I am still a huge Kraft Blue Box fan Plain and simple :) I was thrilled for a few years (this was in 2007)? Burger King served it. I do get the mac and cheese at Disney now and it's not bad but Kraft would be better. I am a strange grown up perhaps who has never cared for fancier food, plain is fine with me, the price lol not so much!

Make kids hate Kraft. The won't eat it and are super disappointed when it is served as the mac'n'cheese on a restaurant menu. Though we have never eaten mac'n'cheese in the park (which I might now for my 1 yr old that I know it's stouffers), my boys LOVE Earl of Sandwiches mac! That is gooood mac'n'cheese! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter