Change Party Size

PatsGirl

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone. Many, many months ago when I booked our upcoming trip the original plan was for DS to join us if he could take leave and the dates worked out. We also decided that if he could not meet up with us, DD would be able to invite a friend. About a month ago we found out that he would not be joining us but airfare is now quadruple ($172 to nearly $900 RT) what we paid and I decided that we could not take a friend.

It JUST (like two minutes ago when I was looking at my notes) occurred to me that all my ADRs are for a party of 3. There will only be two of us though. Should I try to change them all or take our chances at each and every restaurant without notifying them until we arrive?

It's worth calling and trying to change the reservation, if only because it may open table for other groups. But if the Cast Member you speak with says there is nothing that could be done, I would just show up. Disney is traditionally quite accommodating in these situations. Maybe that's not the morally sound solution, but I don't think a mistake like the one you described is worth losing all your arrangements over.

Try to change them if you can, if you can't, IMO, don't worry. Things like this happen all the time. I think people are more sympathetic to your type of situation than if you were to not show up for an ADR. As long as you plan on still using the ADR, its ok.

The only issue you may have is if you have an ADR that you had to put a credit card hold on. If you put a hold on it you have to change the ADR or you will, without a doubt, be charged for the missing person.

I would call them to make the changes. IMO you should have no probelms. I encountered the same situation in March and Disney was able to make the changes although one reservation was pushed back about 10 minutes. Enjoy your vacation. :banana::cool1::banana:

If you are dropping one person, it shouldn't be an issue. You could always call and try to change them, but taking a person off of a party once you arrive at the restaurant is easier than adding a person on usually. Hopefully that doesn't cause flames...but we've had to drop people several times that end up not coming on trips and we've had to book a table for 6 before because there was nothing available for 4...the CMs have never given us a hard time at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter