Change of Plans!!!

pinkmiss3

Mouseketeer
My fiancé and I have decided to change our wedding plans. We originally wanted an Escape wedding at Sunset Pointe, this is our favorite location. Now we decided to upgrade to a Wishes wedding at the Wedding Pavilion. We would love to get married at Sunset Pointe but the fact that we would only be aloud 8 guest’s kind of sucks. We are still planning a small wedding of 20-25 people; it will just be our closest friends and family. We called Disney weddings today, and they took down our basic info and said they would call back in 2-3 days. We are soooooooooooooooooooo excited to start planning our wedding! As soon as I have an update I will let everyone know!

We thought that a wishes wedding was beyond our budget, but we realized that we could afford one after listening to the weekly podcast. We have learned so many money saving tips. Now we will both be able to have the wedding of our dreams at a reasonable price! :goodvibes

I'm so happy for you!! :yay: I totally understand your decision choices... My DF and I love sunset pointe also but it was just too hard to cut the guest list down to 8. We are running on a tight budget as well and it's hard to figure out what is most cost effective. Is there a big cost difference between your original Escape wedding and now your wishes wedding? Best of luck to you both!!!:)

I'm so happy for you!! :yay: I totally understand your decision choices... My DF and I love sunset pointe also but it was just too hard to cut the guest list down to 8. We are running on a tight budget as well and it's hard to figure out what is most cost effective. Is there a big cost difference between your original Escape wedding and now your wishes wedding? Best of luck to you both!!!:)

If we would have kept it with just the 8 people we would have saved a bunch of money. But I don't really come from a big family and I was leaving out people that I really want to be there. So when we laid out the costs for an Escape wedding at a different place with all the extras it was at the 10,000 min and I thought why not change to a wishes and just have an early wedding. Now we will be able to have our closest family and a couple of our closest friends. We are both really excited about the change, and our families were thrilled when we told them about the change. We are paying for most of the wedding but what has helped us is that some family members have offered to help and we weren't expecting that.Where are you planning on getting married? Which type of wedding are you having? What's hard is that disney makes it so easy to want to add all of the extras and before you know it you have a higher total then you thought you would.
I have spoken to Disney a couple of times and our date is on a tentative hold. I am supposed to get a call this week to confirm some stuff then move on to the contract. I am sooooooooooo excited!!!! Its fun to finally be able to begin this process. I am going dress shopping on friday and I am so going to try on all of the disney dresses. When I get back I will start a planning report. Good Luck to you too!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter