Change of plans... Jan/Feb trip a good idea?

KarenAylwood

<font color=red>It wouldn't be the holidays withou
DH and I were planning on going to Cali in the spring (April). We wanted to fly into LAX (have a good friend and a cousin in LA we'll visit for a weekend or so) and then see Disneyland and drive down the coast to San Diego.

Question though... we wanted to go in April but I just found out Friday that I'm pregnant! We're thrilled but weren't expecting it to happen so quickly. I'll be due in late May (I think, based on dates I'm 6 weeks now). My good friend in LA told me that Feb is the rainiest month although based on what I saw online highs are in the 60's and rain for the month is around 3.something inches (doesn't seem bad to me). I'm not prepared to tell her I'm pregnant yet so I didn't want to tell her why I was changing our plans.

Should we still try for a Cali trip in Jan/Feb or just scrap it all together and go somewhere closer to home? I don't want to travel in my third trimester (at least not across the country) but I'd love to still see California! DH says we can always push it until later and go with a child but I was just thinking it'd be a totally different trip if we did that. Thoughts?

If it were me, I would push the trip back, as it being so close to the due date. Sometimes those things might give you a surprise and arrive sooner. I would not want to be that far from my normal DR. I would think everyone would understand. I know as it drew close for me, the more uncomfortable I became. But this is my own opinion.

I would go before the baby arrives, life and time with your DH won't be the same after. Life with kids is great, but the time for you and DH in the first couple of years isn't as easy going as before kids. Enjoy one last vacation together.

Congratulations! Push your trip up and go with your hubby! We have a toddler now, and while we LOVE traveling with him (especially Disney trips), we wish we would have traveled more before he came along. We had all that time and just the two of us to enjoy trips, and we took advantage of that much less than we should have. You will have the rest of your lives to enjoy your child(ren) and travel the world if you wish to do so. But now your time as just a couple is quickly coming to an end... make the most of it and create some memories that you will cherish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter