Change of plans (from Disney to Universal)

ABDonovan

Mouseketeer
So my fiancé and I are planning a trip to Universal Studios in June. Originally, we were planning said trip for Disney, but I started having second thoughts. Yes we are going for my birthday, but this is OUR trip, and he's more of a fan of Harry Potter than Disney. With my equal love for all things Harry Potter, I have decided a week of nothing but immersive HP experience and freedom to do and eat as we please without a ton of reservations is what's best for us.

Send me all your links and tips for the parks and how you spent your whole week there. I know not many people spend that much time there, but we are going to try. :)

I'm off to class now, but I couldn't wait to put up some sort of announcement.

I know you said you want a week of Potter......but there is so much more to both parks than HP.

Both Potter areas in the parks are amazing especially Diagon Alley.......I was blown away by it.....and im not a huge potter fan, but it is fantastic and the new ride is so good :thumbsup2

Have a look at the stickies for food and and have a look at www.universalorlando.com where it has everything both parks have to offer and you can see how much there is for you to do there.

We stay for 17/18 nights every year at Royal Pacific and never get bored......no Disney for us at all.........we never plan anything.......ever! No meal reservations as its just not necessary.

Try and stay onsite at one of the 3 deluxe hotels as the Unlimited Express Pass is worth its weight in gold. Also being able to walk back to your hotel for a midday break or swim is just wonderful as its so handy.

I'm sure you'll get lots of tips and have a wonderful trip :thumbsup2

Since you are spending so much time at universal you might think it would be fun to tour chronologically like HP did in the books. If you google:
Full-day, “Harry’s journey” touring plan
you will find a site that is banned on the DIsboards. It has an awesome chronological touring plan. so cool.

With so much time, i would also look into visiting Discovery Cove. (outside of the universal parks)

I know you said you want a week of Potter......but there is so much more to both parks than HP.

Both Potter areas in the parks are amazing especially Diagon Alley.......I was blown away by it.....and im not a huge potter fan, but it is fantastic and the new ride is so good :thumbsup2

Have a look at the stickies for food and and have a look at www.universalorlando.com where it has everything both parks have to offer and you can see how much there is for you to do there.

We stay for 17/18 nights every year at Royal Pacific and never get bored......no Disney for us at all.........we never plan anything.......ever! No meal reservations as its just not necessary.

Try and stay onsite at one of the 3 deluxe hotels as the Unlimited Express Pass is worth its weight in gold. Also being able to walk back to your hotel for a midday break or swim is just wonderful as its so handy.

I'm sure you'll get lots of tips and have a wonderful trip :thumbsup2

Oh we are DEFINITELY planning to do more than just Harry Potter. My fiance just wants to make sure he gets the most HP out of the trip that he can lol We plan to do both the main parks as well, just as extensively, and we hope that the food is definitely what it's cracked up to be. :)

We're staying on site at the Hard Rock Hotel (as of right now) and I'm so excited for the ease of access and the perks.

Since you are spending so much time at universal you might think it would be fun to tour chronologically like HP did in the books. If you google:
Full-day, “Harry’s journey” touring plan
you will find a site that is banned on the DIsboards. It has an awesome chronological touring plan. so cool.

With so much time, i would also look into visiting Discovery Cove. (outside of the universal parks)

I'm definitely going to look into the website, because that sounds like something that would be lovely for my fiance.

That being said, I'm a vegan, and so I don't endorse anything to do with SeaWorld or the big park zoos around the nation. Discovery Cove is beautiful, but it makes me sad to see the Dolphins being used as props to make a buck. Just an opinion, though. <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter