Change of passenger on a cruise.

Just-Pete

Mouseketeer
Taking the plunge and booking on to one of the September Med cruises, and there's a chance my friend might drop out. It's slim but possible. Does anyone know if it's possible to swap out the passenger details and replace with someone else if that situation does arrive?

You can up to a point. It is written in the contract when the final day to make changes with no penalty is and then after that there may be a penalty to add or change guests. I can't remember what it is for the Med cruises.

Any particular reason you aren't making your friend liable for his/her share? Because either they've asked you to ask this question as they don't want to put money down without a way to recoup or you're asking because you're the one out the money.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking? The money isn't the issue. If my friend doesn't coming I won't be out of pocket as I'm not paying the whole thing? We're just booking it together.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking? The money isn't the issue. If my friend doesn't coming I won't be out of pocket as I'm not paying the whole thing? We're just booking it together.
Then why does it matter? If money is not the issue, your friend can just cancel.

Well because someone else would be coming in their place! So it's more about the technicality of swapping their details.

Then why does it matter? If money is not the issue, your friend can just cancel.

This is a valid question. Sounds like someone else would go instead and that has to be done by a certain date or the change can't happen.

If the friend books and was unable to change and unable to go then the OP would be on the hook as it seems that they may be sharing 1 room and all room costs stay the same if 2 people are in the room or 1 doesn't matter. Disney doesn't give a single occupancy room discount like other lines.

This is a valid question. Sounds like someone else would go instead and that has to be done by a certain date or the change can't happen.

If the friend books and was unable to change and unable to go then the OP would be on the hook as it seems that they may be sharing 1 room and all room costs stay the same if 2 people are in the room or 1 doesn't matter. Disney doesn't give a single occupancy room discount like other lines.

Ah. That makes sense then. I would just book with the "back up" friend who can come for sure in that case. If your friend drops out after that cut off date, you're sol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter