Change Jar!!!

plus every week i take 50 dollars and put it on a disney giftcard its another great lil saving plan for disney because you can only spend it in a few locations (disney store, disney online, or disney parks!) you can even use it to pay for you vacation package

We stay at a Marriott timeshare so we eat off property a lot. Most grocery stores sell restaurant gift cards at the resigter and my Mom will add a $25 card when she is checking out. She tends to stick with cards that are good at multiple chains (Olive Garden/Red Lobster/Longhorn, Chilis/Macaroni Grill, etc). We just discovered CVS sells cards that are good at T-Rex/Rainforest/Yak and Yeti (Landrys?), so last 2 CVS trips she added one of those in. My parents don't eat out a lot and they both still work, so an extra $25 every week or so on the grocery bill doesn't make too much of a difference for them. Now that most restaurants got rid of dormancy fees, if we don't use a gift card it goes away for the next Disney trip.

In the mid 90's I worked in a mall right near Disney store, I would take my cash and occasionally exchange it for disney dollars!

Thought I'd share the change jar we made last week with the kids.
It's an empty jar that once housed the animal crackers from BJ's. I spray painted the outside, and the kids had fun decorating it with HDMHs and glitter paint. I added my own touch on the lid!

We also glued the lid down to discourage any "coffee run" thieving...:rolleyes:

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

I love the chage jar idea its great you find it adds up so much when you just put all your change in there plus some notes!!

I have a small jar that I've been throwing change in for the last few months. We have a few change machines at work with one giving you the $1 coins and the other quarters. If I make change for the vending machine, all the coins that are left go straight in the jar. Yesterday, I purposely changed 4 $1 bills to change, so that I would have to put them in the jar. I've got about $40 now, but am hoping to get it to $60 by my upcoming trip. This will help pay for tips for both mousekeeping & dining. My bank has a new change machine that is like Coinstar, but because I am a member, there is no charge/fees taken out.

After my vacation, will start the jar again to help save for next year's trip!!

We cashed ours about 3 weeks ago and got $417!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Then a few days ago, one of my DSes came running up to me with a bag of dimes that we missed getting out of the trunk at the bank. There must be another $60-70 there too!

we are gearing up for our fall yard sale (second weekend in september) so yesterday I was going through old winter jackets that we plan to sell and my step father always had a bad habit of never taking money out of his jackets (i once found 2 one hundred dollar bills in a pair of his jeans set to go in the wash) so i of course went through pockets to make sure nothing was in them.. I must have found at least 5 dollars in change in just a few jackets and I'm not done yet we still have more to go through... and all of it get to go towards my disney trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter