Change in ESPN Club Seating Policy

tecdavidt

<font color=00cc00>Ready to leave the frosty Midwe
We went to ESPN Club last night. They just changed their seating policy. Before yesterday, seating in the bar area was first come - first serve. They are now requiring a host/hostess to seat you in the entire restaurant.

That's a bummer! My DH and I were planning on sitting at the bar for a few drinks next month!

I don't see where it means you can't sit at the bar - it means that you can't just walk in and sit at the bar. You'll have to wait in line for the hostess, if there is a line - even if you just want to go to the bar. But if there's space in the bar, you'll still get to sit there.

Well, to me it really doesn't matter. By far, the worst food on our trip. I guess if you're only going there to drink it's okay.

It may just have been the time the OP went. Maybe if it was busy (busier), then they may want to seat people. They might change depending on the crowd or anticipated crowd, especially if there was a sporting event taking place.

Many sports bars I've been to will ask if I want to sit in the bar or dining area.

My DGF and I ate at ESPN in 2008 and really enjoyed it! I hope to get back on my trip after Labor Day.

Well, to me it really doesn't matter. By far, the worst food on our trip. I guess if you're only going there to drink it's okay.

Sorry you had that experience:sad1: We've been over 20 times and always have had good food. Casual bar food but tasty and large portions.

I should clarify that the seating by the hostess is for the tables in the bar area, not the bar itself. I am sure you can belly up all you want.

My original post was not intended to be a complaint, but rather just information for the board.

Thanks for the information! :thumbsup2

Last year we were there during the NHL playoffs. I waited in line with the kids(for 1 hour) and DH went in to the bar area to see if he could get anything there. From his experience watching people stalk others eating and jumping to grab tables from others, I think this is a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter