change fee if package price goes up?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by cavepig, May 13, 2013.

1. cavepig

cavepig DIS Veteran

So I called to add water parks & more and we under 2 weeks & was told if I did it by phone it was $15.00 change fee. I thought there were only fees if it went down. Is this true now? Thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Whether you add or subtract within the 2 week mark, Disney added a $15.00 charge a couple of years ago. Just wait until you get there to upgrade tickets.

To see how to do so, go to the Theme parks and strategies board, and see the sticky at the top of the page for tickets.

4. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

I think officially they reserve the right to charge a change fee within 45 days for any change - it is frequently waived if the change results in an increase in price. However, it's ridiculous and no reason to pay a change fee on a ticket upgrade, just wait until you are onsite and do it there. Just make sure you use the tickets to enter a park first before making the upgrade - do NOT upgrade at your resort when you check-in, just in case there was any discount associated with the package tickets.

Enjoy your vacation!

5. Amy&Dan

Amy&Dan DIS Veteran

Definitely wait and add that on when you get there.

I added that same upgrade to our tickets in October and was charged. The previous March I had done the same thing but it was after our arrival and was not charged.

6. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Definitely make that change once you're there, and after entering a turnstile at least once, per the "ticket sticky" thread about how to upgrade a ticket.

7. cavepig

cavepig DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. Yes, we'll wait & upgrade there.