change fee if package price goes up?

cavepig

DIS Veteran
So I called to add water parks & more and we under 2 weeks & was told if I did it by phone it was $15.00 change fee. I thought there were only fees if it went down. Is this true now? Thanks

Whether you add or subtract within the 2 week mark, Disney added a $15.00 charge a couple of years ago. Just wait until you get there to upgrade tickets.

To see how to do so, go to the Theme parks and strategies board, and see the sticky at the top of the page for tickets.

I think officially they reserve the right to charge a change fee within 45 days for any change - it is frequently waived if the change results in an increase in price. However, it's ridiculous and no reason to pay a change fee on a ticket upgrade, just wait until you are onsite and do it there. Just make sure you use the tickets to enter a park first before making the upgrade - do NOT upgrade at your resort when you check-in, just in case there was any discount associated with the package tickets.

Enjoy your vacation!

Definitely wait and add that on when you get there.

I added that same upgrade to our tickets in October and was charged. The previous March I had done the same thing but it was after our arrival and was not charged.

Definitely make that change once you're there, and after entering a turnstile at least once, per the "ticket sticky" thread about how to upgrade a ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter