• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

chances of us getting moved to 1st seating?

mtquinn

DIS Veteran
We were thinking of going on the Dream this August, but only later dinner seatings are available. That really won't work for us, I think, as we have two younger daughters (9 and 6) who like to eat earlier. The DU agent said we could go onto the waiting list for the earlier seating.

Has anyone here been on such a list? Did you get the time you wanted?

We were waitlisted for first on the Magic. When I had to do my final payment, I made it then went back into my DU reservation and I had been moved to 1st! I was so thankful that we got moved, but if we hadn't we probably would have begged at the port and/or eaten more in the buffet for dinner.

Very curious to see the replies here. We booked just 29 days in advance of our 2/5 Magic sailing and of course have 2nd seating. My 4 yr old might be OK but my 9 month old will not make it. We are on the wait list and plan to drive to PC very early to request the dining change.

I booked in June 2010 for our March 2011 Dream cruise. Only 2nd seating was available. We have been waitlisted since then for 1st seating, and are still waitlisted :sad1: I think we're going to have a hard time getting 1st seating b/c of a full ship. I can think of pros & cons to both seatings - I like the idea of taking my time to get ready at nite for the 7p show and such, but am worried about making it to the deck to get a good place for the pirate party when we have 2nd seating! The kids will definitely be snacking before late dinner, if that's what we end up with. Only time will tell!

Good luck!

On our 1st Disney cruise we were waitlisted for 1st dining. We were told don't worry, you'll get switched. Well we didn't. I even begged the head waiter the 1st night of the cruise. It was a nightmare eating dinner at 8:30 pm with a 2 yo.

Second time we were waitlisted and were able to change the dining once we got on the ship.

Good Luck!

Well, this was in 2005, but on our honeymoon, DH & I were sch for second seating and didn't know this until we checked in at the port. We simply made a call from our stateroom and were switched. We were also able to book Palo then, as well.

Very curious to see the replies here. We booked just 29 days in advance of our 2/5 Magic sailing and of course have 2nd seating. My 4 yr old might be OK but my 9 month old will not make it. We are on the wait list and plan to drive to PC very early to request the dining change.

We are on the same cruise. We booked back in August and were assigned 2nd seating. Our TA requested first dining and we were waitlisted. DS, 2, has GERD and another health issue which requires him to take meds and eat earlier. I contacted DCL through their website and explained situation. We were moved to "priority" waitlist and shortly thereafter, were moved to first dining.

This sailing seems to be almost sold-out from what I can gather so good luck in getting first dining! From other posts, it seems that you will have a good chance to move up though.

Our 2nd cruise, we were on late dining. Didn't know about waitlist. But when I got to the ship, I was able to go change our dining.

When waitlisted for 1st seating on several cruises, and still waitlisted as we board the ship, we go to Rockin Bar D/Wave Bands upon boarding to switch to 1st seating. We have never been denied 1st seating!

Jan

I don't think you will have a problem getting 1st seating. You may not get it on the first night, but some people may decide that 1st seating is not for them and want to move to 2nd seating. hard to believe, but this happened to our family.

We had 2nd seating on our first disney cruise and liked it. We tried 1st seating on our second cruise and hated it - way more kids in the dining room which made it louder and we felt rushed when we were touring the differnt ports. so, we switched to 2nd dining. Our DD 6, even liked the late dining too. Well, really she didn't care. She ate dinner with the Oceaneers club most of the time. And the we would just ask her if she wanted to join us for dinner later. You know her answer - NO WAY! :goodvibes

With second seating, don't you also get that option where they come and take your kids to the Oceaneer's club? I can't remember what that is called.

We are booked on the Dream in March and were able to get the earlier time. Hope it works out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter