Chances of of Getting Magnolia Bend?!

obrienminnie

Earning My Ears
HELLO!
I currently have a garden view booked at POR for July 7-13 for 3 people. I requested to be put in acadian house of magnolia terrace at booking and plan to fax in another request closer to arrival. I know these are only requests, but does any one know our chances of getting Magnolia Bend over Alligator Bayou?? My DD has requested this for what might be her last trip with us (she is getting married!!) and want to make it that much more special!!:goodvibes Thanks!!

Your chances should be excellent since Magnolia Bend is an entire section of POR.:)

Be sure to mention your request again to the check-in CM at POR and tell them that you would prefer Acadian House,but will take anything in Magnolia Bend.:)

Congrats to DD!:)

Your chances should be excellent since Magnolia Bend is an entire section of POR.:)

According to http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php, there are 266 garden view rooms in Magnolia Bend versus 495 garden view rooms in Alligator Bayou, so the odds are actually more in favor of Alligator Bayou. (Which is not to say that the OP won't get her request of Magnolia Bend, just that there are a lot more garden view rooms in Alligator Bayou.)

We used to always stay at POR but are jumping to CBR because of this actually. Of the magnolia bend rooms, half of them have been converted to more expensive royal rooms. We went in October (standard room) and were put in alligator bayou and it just isn't our thing. A big part of the problem then was that we wanted 3 connecting rooms, but I think the only way to guarantee magnolia bend is to book a royal room.

With all the different room types you are able to book across the resorts (bunk beds, kings, Savannahs, buildings) it amazes me that you cannot request an area at POR. Good luck!

We have had 3 stays at Por, and always request either Acadian House or magnolia Terrace, and aside from 1 stay where we were stuck in Parterre place, we got what we requested. So I think your chances are good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter