Chances of last minute cancellations over NYE?

csp1984

Earning My Ears
Long story short, our vacation plans changed at the last minute and we would like to go to Disney from 12/30-1/2. I realize this is crazy in many ways but we have Annual Passes so why not. Right now, there are no DVC reservations available at any resort for these dates. Does anyone know if there are typically last minute cancellations? I have never rented DVC points at the last minute like this. Thanks!

At this point, probably night. Anyone who cancels within 30 days has points go into holding which is very restrictive in their future use so I would expect most would have done so by now. Those are very popular DVC nights so I'd say you might be better off looking at other options!

I have Dec 29 to Jan 1 and tried to get the night of Jan 1, but finally gave up and booked Vero Beach. It's fine, since we're doing a cruise, but even at VB, I only gor garden view. No Ocean view available Jan.1!

You might check Expedia or one of the other travel websites. You just don't want to be offsite during this time.

We had Dec 29 thru Jan 2 until 10 days ago when we had to cancel due to medical emergency, we were at BCV so it can still happen yet. Hopefully though no one has to cancel due to negative issues.

Always possible although not very probable but cancellations happen all the time. It will require stalking the website though if it is to happen.

We had Dec 29 thru Jan 2 until 10 days ago when we had to cancel due to medical emergency, we were at BCV so it can still happen yet. Hopefully though no one has to cancel due to negative issues.

Sorry to read this.

Don't forget to call MS, sometimes they see things under a week that we can't.
Or...sometimes "pixie dust" occurs.

FWIW, one of my daughters has gotten NYE two years in a row calling after Christmas. Keep calling -- they worst they can do is tell you no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter