• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chances of Jambo 1 bdrm. savannah early December?

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
Hi!
I just booked DS and his fiance at a Jambo savannah view 1 bedroom for a week beginning November 10th. I was happy to get that and it seems it might be a nice time to go - F&W, Osborne Lights, low-ish crowds, hopefully okay weather. It is Veteran's Day on the 11th - has anyone been during this time? Does this affect crowds? How is the weather?
But they originally wanted early December, and I know the points are lower, but I was reading how that is a particularly busy time for DVC, so I was afraid to wait.

So, I'm wondering what my chances are of being able to switch to save points. Or would you keep that week?

Thanks!

We were down for our anniversary on nov 9. It is an awesome time to be there. Weather was variable, 50 to 84 degrees. OFL opening was awesome, F&W last weekend was busy but tolerable.

Right now there is availability for the week of December 6th. You can use the resort availability tool on the member website up to 11 months in advance at any resort to check.

We were down there last year at that time and the crowds weren't too bad. I think because the holiday falls in the middle of the week it doesn't get at crowded as it would if it fell on a Friday or Monday maybe.

Right now there is availability for the week of December 6th. You can use the resort availability tool on the member website up to 11 months in advance at any resort to check.

I have never been able to see other resorts, other than my home resort, past 7 months out. I would love for this to be true! Maybe you own at multiple places, so it feels that way :)

Appreciate the replies!

I have never been able to see other resorts, other than my home resort, past 7 months out.
The Resort Availability Tool and the booking function are two different things. On the member site, under "Vacation Planning" select Resort Availability Tool. You can enter dates to see what is available. Now when it comes time to actually book a reservation, you will be restricted to your window (11 months home, 7 month anywhere).

The Resort Availability Tool and the booking function are two different things. On the member site, under "Vacation Planning" select Resort Availability Tool. You can enter dates to see what is available. Now when it comes time to actually book a reservation, you will be restricted to your window (11 months home, 7 month anywhere).

OMG!! How did I never know that! Thank you so much!! :love:

That Resort Availability Tool has only been around about ten months and has worked correctly for about half that time (i.e., Disney's usual success rate with website additions). That you are seeking a 1BR, which are usually the last to fill, gives you a decent chance at Jambo at least for second week in Dec. Kidani 1BRs have even a higher chance of being open end of Nov through mid Dec if they want to go that route.

We have been the mid-Nov time period you already have. It is not Veteran's Day that affects crowds, it is Food & Wine which they have extended to Nov 15 from its usual end date a week earlier. As a result, you should expect crowds at Epcot to be huge on Friday through Sun, Nov 13-15. Otherwise crowds will be heavy at the parks (there is no such thing as light crowds at WDW anymore) but not unbearable. Weather is usually ideal, low 80s during day, high 50's to low 60s at night; chances of some thunderstorms but also good chance for none ar least for a half the days. Christmas decorations will be up and everything Christmas will be going on except Candlelight Processional at Epcot which usually does not start until Thanksgiving week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter