Chances of Getting LATE changed to EARLY ?

Tammy_in_NC

Earning My Ears
We are currently booked on the 4/26/03 MAGIC Western on LATE dinner seating. EARLY was already full and we are supposedly "waitlisted" for EARLY. Is it reasonable for me to think that we may be able to get changed to EARLY ?? My 73 yr old mother is going with us and she tends to have stomach problems if she eats too late. What should I do ??

Call and check every once in a while to see if anything has opened up. I'd call every day during the week before final payment is due (60 days prior to cruising). This is when most cancellations happen.

Don't leave it just to the waitlist. Be proactive about checking for openings.

If all else fails, there will be a place on the ship where you can request dining changes once you board. We tend to book our cruises on short notice and main dining seating is usually full when we book. However, I've always been able to change to main seating and have never had to wait until we were on board to do it. The "call-in-a-few-times-a-week" method works for me.

WE WERE WAITLISTED AND WERE STILL LISTED AS SECOND SEATING UPON BOARDING. WE WENT TO WAVEBANDS AND ASKED TO CHANGE AND BY THE TIME WE GOT TO OUR STATEROOM WE HAD A MESSAGE ON THE MACHINE WE WERE CHANGED. HOWEVER, WE WERE SEATED ALL THE WAY TO THE BACK BY EVERY SERVER STATION AND KITCHEN DOOR POSSIBLE.

We just got back from the 7-day Western Magic yesterday. We were also given second seating and waitlisted for first. With 2 small kids, it was important to us to get early seating. When we checked in, we still had second seating. After boarding, we went to the place where they were taking dining room change requests. We were about 5th in line (everyone ahead of us wanted to change to early seating). We didn't think we had a chance! When it was our turn, we asked if we could get early seating with a table for four (I added, "I know that's too much to ask"). He said, "No problem. Just go to your regularly scheduled dining room at the early seating time and they'll give you your new table number." Sure enough, we had a table for four at early seating waiting for us! I'm not sure how they do it, but they really do everything in their power to grant all of your wishes!

We also were given late seating. My TA got it changed; however, if your Mom can get a doctors note (for the reason) I'm sure they will change it.

Wendy

A quick question, do the majority of families with children eat on the early sitting?

If you can't get it changed you could always have your mom eat at the buffet earlier, and then just nibble at dinner with you.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter